Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2009
Med's Done....
7-10-2009
Passport Req..
25-02-2010
Goodmorning!!

I have a question about UK Residency. My wife studied in UK for 3 year and works there. In per passport she has a visa stamp that shows "residence Permit".

Im starting to fill my application out for for spousal sponsorship and on Part 2 schedule 1 background/declaration what does she put under "your status in that country"?

Also another question in regards to process, this visa of hers expires on October 27, 2010, and she holds a Tanzanian Passport. In Part 1 they ask if applicant has legal right to live in that country for atleast 1 year? When i launch the papers she will have the one year time frame. So the outland application will be in UK? am I correct?

Does the process take longer for someone who is a UK citizen and someone who is not but legally able to work there?

Is there anything I should be careful about because of this unique situation?

Thanks for your help

TJ

Cdnshaz

May 15, 2008
I personally would put "resident" for status in UK

Can't see it taking any longer if you are resident or citizen of UK and don't understand the Oct 2010 bit, as long as she is in UK for one legal year, then yes she is ok

Are you the canadian?

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
yes, I think the same - resident, and your case can go through London office
their processing times you can find here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/05-fc-spouses.asp

UK2TO

Star Member
Sep 1, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2009
Med's Done....
7-10-2009
Passport Req..
25-02-2010
Thanks for the response

TJ

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
UK2TO said:
Goodmorning!!

I have a question about UK Residency. My wife studied in UK for 3 year and works there. In per passport she has a visa stamp that shows "residence Permit".

Im starting to fill my application out for for spousal sponsorship and on Part 2 schedule 1 background/declaration what does she put under "your status in that country"?

Also another question in regards to process, this visa of hers expires on October 27, 2010, and she holds a Tanzanian Passport. In Part 1 they ask if applicant has legal right to live in that country for atleast 1 year? When i launch the papers she will have the one year time frame. So the outland application will be in UK? am I correct?

Does the process take longer for someone who is a UK citizen and someone who is not but legally able to work there?

Is there anything I should be careful about because of this unique situation?

Thanks for your help

TJ
"Resident" is the proper response.

She is eligible for processing in London as long as she has been ADMITTED legally for one year, not living there for one year. For example, a person arrives in the UK with a study permit valid for 3 years. They can apply for PR to Canada (if they meet the other requirements) the day after they arrive in the UK because they are legally admitted for at least a year.

When considering UK processing times, you must also consider the length of time it will take to complete her security check. CSIS will check every country she has lived in for 6 months or more since the age of 18. CIC has no control over how long these checks take.

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
I would guess it will take longer than the average application in London, simply because of the background checks. Other than that, the processing shouldn't be much different than if she were a citizen.

UK2TO

Star Member
Sep 1, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2009
Med's Done....
7-10-2009
Passport Req..
25-02-2010
Do you know how much longer it will take to finalize the application

I am submitting the application mid October after my spouse come to visit and we have our civil marraige completed.

We are planning on having our religious and family marriage in the first week of July 2010. Is that sufficient time for final approval and receiving passport with necessary visa/stamps by the end of June

TJ

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No idea. And nobody can give you an idea. CSIS operates on it's own schedule and you can't rush them. Just hope that the Tanzanian security agency is on friendly terms with the Canadian counterpart and has a reasonably fast response time.

Look, there will be lots of guesses about that but they are just guesses. Nobody can give a concrete timeline. Just make sure you have a very complete application with all the i's dotted and t's crossed. It's the best you can do. Good luck.