+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Uk Police Clearance

willostj

Star Member
Dec 20, 2006
Hi All,
Does anybody know the procedure for obtaining a UK police clearance from here in the US. I called the met police but the information they gave me was confusing. Thanks.

pinks

Apr 2, 2007
You have to fill a form . Send 10pounds check to the below address.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/police-cert/europe/united-kingdom.html

Hope this helps. I started the procedure then I read from forums that you have to get this only if the visa officer asks for it.

willostj

Star Member
Dec 20, 2006
Thanks Pink. What proof of ID do I need to send and do I have to have anything notarized? Thanks.

Wilton

Mar 11, 2007
After the introduction of the "simplified application process" you don't need the UK police certificate any more at the time you apply.

Once CIC has asked you to send in you documents, you go to a police station somewhere near to where you live. Depending on which nationality you are you show them your id card or your passport (or utility bill together with driver license...). You pay 10pounds and give them your address. It then takes a couple of week and they send you the police certificate directly to the address you gave them.

Please remember that you will need to provide Police Certificates from the authorities from all where you lived in the last 5 (I think) years.

willostj

Star Member
Dec 20, 2006
Hi Wilton
I am not a the beginning of the process. I have done medicals and submitted updated documents. The problem is I moved to the USA 8 months ago(I am a Jamaican National) and had already submitted Police clearance from the UK, USA and jamaica but it would seem that they have expired and they want me to re-submit.I am just having a problem with the Uk part of it. I know the procedure for Jamaica and for the USA. The UK is the problem. Why is it not as simple as here where you get fingerprinted and send your request with your payment and your card. I checked the CIC website but it does not give you all the details. I downloaded the form 3019B already. Should I send the form with copies of my passport with the check for £10 and will any of the documents need to be notarized? Thanks for your response or anybody esle who can help.

Willostj.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

willostj said:
Hi Wilton
I am not a the beginning of the process. I have done medicals and submitted updated documents. The problem is I moved to the USA 8 months ago(I am a Jamaican National) and had already submitted Police clearance from the UK, USA and jamaica but it would seem that they have expired and they want me to re-submit.I am just having a problem with the Uk part of it. I know the procedure for Jamaica and for the USA. The UK is the problem. Why is it not as simple as here where you get fingerprinted and send your request with your payment and your card. I checked the CIC website but it does not give you all the details. I downloaded the form 3019B already. Should I send the form with copies of my passport with the check for £10 and will any of the documents need to be notarized? Thanks for your response or anybody esle who can help.

Willostj.
Why not follow CIC's instructions here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/police-cert/europe/united-kingdom.html
Read the Appendix A for the office where you are applying, most documents either have to be originals or copies, usually a certified true copy is sufficient.

PMM

JC

Star Member
Aug 25, 2005
Police Forces within the United Kingdom do not issue “certificates of good conduct” or “Police clearance certificates” but CIC will accept a Subject Access reply. The process is quite simple and I obtained my subject access record from the Subject Access Office of the constabulary responsible for the area in the U.K. where I last resided - in my case Surrey where I lived for 10 years. Just follow the instructions given. I mailed form and enclosed £ 10 cheque (from a UK bank which I asked a friend to send on my behalf since I don’t hold a UK account) together with certified copies of documents requested. I also wrote a covering letter to explain what I required and the fact that I was not currently resident in the UK. The subject access record was mailed to me within the stated 40 days.