+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UK Police Certificate - No Live Trace - Common-Law Outland App

dshobbs87

Jul 28, 2019
Hi all,

I was hoping for some insight regarding my circumstances prior to submitting our application, specifically regarding the 'no live trace' status of my police certificate.

The 'stepped down' circumstances on my record pertain to:
- 'Taking Motor Vehicle Without Consent' from September 2003 where I received a reprimand (as a 15 year old)
- 'Arson' from November 2004 (I was 17) where I received a warning.

To elaborate further, the 'taking a motor vehicle' was theft of a golf buggy as a stupid school kid and the 'arson' occurred in my father's house and was an accident.

As you can see the incidents were quite some time ago and under the age of 18.

From what I've read, if I were to send off the police certificate with no live trace and no explanation with my application I'll almost certainly receive a request for further info thus delaying my application.

Therefore I intend to supply along with the police certificate:

- A copy of the subject access report (I have requested it now and via email).

- A letter written by me providing further explanation.

So I guess what I'm asking is:

1) Is it a good idea to supply the further info with my application?

2) Whilst I know people can only offer an opinion, what are the chances these impact my application?

jr88

Mar 14, 2019
Hi all,

I was hoping for some insight regarding my circumstances prior to submitting our application, specifically regarding the 'no live trace' status of my police certificate.

The 'stepped down' circumstances on my record pertain to:
- 'Taking Motor Vehicle Without Consent' from September 2003 where I received a reprimand (as a 15 year old)
- 'Arson' from November 2004 (I was 17) where I received a warning.

To elaborate further, the 'taking a motor vehicle' was theft of a golf buggy as a stupid school kid and the 'arson' occurred in my father's house and was an accident.

As you can see the incidents were quite some time ago and under the age of 18.

From what I've read, if I were to send off the police certificate with no live trace and no explanation with my application I'll almost certainly receive a request for further info thus delaying my application.

Therefore I intend to supply along with the police certificate:

- A copy of the subject access report (I have requested it now and via email).

- A letter written by me providing further explanation.

So I guess what I'm asking is:

1) Is it a good idea to supply the further info with my application?

2) Whilst I know people can only offer an opinion, what are the chances these impact my application?
Hi, i'm in a similar boat. I have my PCC and SAR, but my issue is with my recent ETA appli only lists the one of two incidents on my record. Neither resulted in conviction, 1 fine, 1 warning, and they are both over 10 years old. I'm curious to know what you did and if you succeeded! Cheers.

dshobbs87

Jul 28, 2019
Hi, i'm in a similar boat. I have my PCC and SAR, but my issue is with my recent ETA appli only lists the one of two incidents on my record. Neither resulted in conviction, 1 fine, 1 warning, and they are both over 10 years old. I'm curious to know what you did and if you succeeded! Cheers.

Hi! So I applied for criminal rehab which after around a month or two, after reviewing my case and the documents I submitted, was returned as it was deemed I was never criminally inadmissible and therefore the rehab app was unnecessary. They even refunded the fee!

Now, for me, the incidents both occurred when I was under 18 which was probably a significant mitigating factor in my case so I can’t speak to how things might play out if you were of the age of majority.

rozeena

Sep 19, 2017
Hi
I'm in same situation, my husband had shop lifting case and now it's shows no live trace on second page of pcc and on main page it says no trace. Can you suggest what happens now?