+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UK PCC documents

AnvitaJ

Nov 28, 2018
Hello everyone,

I received my ITA on 12th of December and I am currently trying to get together all the documents required. I need a PCC from UK as I lived there for a year. If any of the experts who have knowledge or experience about the documents to be uploaded are willing to spend a few minutes, I would highly appreciate help!

I am confused about passport requirment. ACRO mentions "You must upload colour copies of your passport(s) / travel document which clearly show your photograph, personal information, expiry date, nationality, machine readable zone, extension pages and signature (if applicable)."

Does this mean I need to upload both old (this has my UK visa and entry exit stamps) and new passport ? Or just the new one would suffice?

Secondly, they mention extended pages: does this mean the blank pages as well?

Please help !

Thanks very much!

Grizz

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
Hello everyone,

I received my ITA on 12th of December and I am currently trying to get together all the documents required. I need a PCC from UK as I lived there for a year. If any of the experts who have knowledge or experience about the documents to be uploaded are willing to spend a few minutes, I would highly appreciate help!

I am confused about passport requirment. ACRO mentions "You must upload colour copies of your passport(s) / travel document which clearly show your photograph, personal information, expiry date, nationality, machine readable zone, extension pages and signature (if applicable)."

Does this mean I need to upload both old (this has my UK visa and entry exit stamps) and new passport ? Or just the new one would suffice?

Please help !

Thanks very much!
Just send the personal information pages of your current valid passport.

mowaiskhalid

Star Member
Sep 23, 2017
Hello everyone,

Please help !

Thanks very much!

Send the personal information page of your current valid passport and the last passport you traveled on to the UK if it is not your current passport. I think there is another area for uploading visa/biometric card. I did it last year so don't remember exactly where but I remember uploading it along with my driving licence...

Reactions: subhashramisetty

AnvitaJ

Nov 28, 2018
Thank you, both of you! I have applied for my PCC today, with just the bio pages of the current valid passport. I had emailed them earlier and they too got back to me last night. Have applied for a standard application with the international courier service. Hopefully, I will get it soon :)

BravoAC

Aug 21, 2020
Thank you, both of you! I have applied for my PCC today, with just the bio pages of the current valid passport. I had emailed them earlier and they too got back to me last night. Have applied for a standard application with the international courier service. Hopefully, I will get it soon :)
Hi AnvitaJ, Just wanted to ask how did you go about it? I also stayed in the UK for 11 months in 2 visits and it has been more than 10 years since I have been there last. Could you advise what is the criteria/requirement to get a PCC for my case. And if one is infact needed, how to go about getting one. Would highly appreciate your kind feedback. Thanks!

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
Hi AnvitaJ, Just wanted to ask how did you go about it? I also stayed in the UK for 11 months in 2 visits and it has been more than 10 years since I have been there last. Could you advise what is the criteria/requirement to get a PCC for my case. And if one is infact needed, how to go about getting one. Would highly appreciate your kind feedback. Thanks!
you only need to submit PCC for countries you have stayed in during the last 10 years or since you've turned 18

BravoAC

Aug 21, 2020
you only need to submit PCC for countries you have stayed in during the last 10 years or since you've turned 18
Thanks Mapleleaf987, Appreciate your response. I stayed in the UK for 11 months after turning 18 but it has been more than 10 years since I have not been to UK. Your comment had an "or" condition so just thought of clarifying. How long does the stay have to be for it to require a PCC? If you could point me towards the right requirement, it will be a great help. Thanks!

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Thanks Mapleleaf987, Appreciate your response. I stayed in the UK for 11 months after turning 18 but it has been more than 10 years since I have not been to UK. Your comment had an "or" condition so just thought of clarifying. How long does the stay have to be for it to require a PCC? If you could point me towards the right requirement, it will be a great help. Thanks!
Here:
Our online system will ask for a police certificate for:

• you and your family members who are 18 years or older
  • and
  • every country you (or a family member) stayed in during the last 10 years for 6 months or more in a row

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
you dont need one. the "since you've turned 18" is for those who are <28yrs. if they go back 10 years they would be a minor and minors are not required to furnish PCC. so someone who is 23 needs to give only for the past 5 yrs and so on.. hope this makes sense

BravoAC

Aug 21, 2020
you dont need one. the "since you've turned 18" is for those who are <28yrs. if they go back 10 years they would be a minor and minors are not required to furnish PCC. so someone who is 23 needs to give only for the past 5 yrs and so on.. hope this makes sense
Thanks for your help. So say, hypothetically, a 35 year old would not need a PCC for his stays in other countries when he was say 22 years of age. Is this what you're trying to say? I am 31 right now and left UK when I was 20.

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
Thanks for your help. So say, hypothetically, a 35 year old would not need a PCC for his stays in other countries when he was say 22 years of age. Is this what you're trying to say? I am 31 right now and left UK when I was 20.
thats correct..you dont need one...you would need to provide only since you were 21 i.e. last 10 years.