+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UK looking for a Work Permit/Visa for 2009 - please...

tommy_w25

Oct 22, 2008
Hello, I would really appreciate some help on this.

I am 24 and English and am looking for the opportunity to find work in Canada and live there for 6-12 months as it has always been a dream of mine. I have not been studying and have some experience in IT specifically in GIS (geographic info systems), not extensive!
i am not university degree educated either.

I dont know how i would get a job offer, as i have emailed about 20 companies with no reply! However i believe i could find a job if i were to be in Canada having some money to support myself for a short ammount of time (couple months). I would work in Admin or in a restraunt if i needed to, i just want to live and work in Canada.

Could someone advise me on work permits that may be available to me?

whom may be good to speak to? how may i get a job offer as it seems impossible at the moment?

I would really really appreciate a reply
Thanks, Tom

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

tommy_w25 said:
Hello, I would really appreciate some help on this.

I am 24 and English and am looking for the opportunity to find work in Canada and live there for 6-12 months as it has always been a dream of mine. I have not been studying and have some experience in IT specifically in GIS (geographic info systems), not extensive!
i am not university degree educated either.

I dont know how i would get a job offer, as i have emailed about 20 companies with no reply! However i believe i could find a job if i were to be in Canada having some money to support myself for a short ammount of time (couple months). I would work in Admin or in a restraunt if i needed to, i just want to live and work in Canada.

Could someone advise me on work permits that may be available to me?

whom may be good to speak to? how may i get a job offer as it seems impossible at the moment?

I would really really appreciate a reply
Thanks, Tom
See: BUNAC http://www.bunac.org/uk/workcanada/ You can apply for a 1 year open work permit (dont require an employer) but the applications open usually in December and they go quickly.

PMM

tommy_w25

Oct 22, 2008
Hi,
thanks for the reply,
as there is no chace of getting a visa through Bunac like any other.
Do you happen to know of anyone else other then Bunac who may supply the same type of visa?
Thanks, TomBunac

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

tommy_w25 said:
Hi,
thanks for the reply,
as there is no chace of getting a visa through Bunac like any other.
Do you happen to know of anyone else other then Bunac who may supply the same type of visa?
Thanks, TomBunac
What do you mean"no Change", BUNAC for 2009 has not opened yet! If you are not eligible for BUNAC then you are going to have find a Canadian employer able to get an approved labour market opinion.

PMM