+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UCI question, and linking application to CIC account!!!! PLEASE help!!!

valerie19

Sep 21, 2016
Hello!!!

So i sent my application (physically by mail) last Wednesday, according to my fedex tracking number it has arrived at the Mississauga office where it was supposed to arrive. So i logged into my CIC account to try and link the application, but every time i do so it says the application has not been found, or there is no information on it. I cant search for it with a UCI number because i don't have one, its my first time applying so i have never received a UCI number. I was told i would get it once i receive documente from Citizenship and Immigration Canada. is this correct? or does the number appear somewhere and i just don't know?

Also, i was not apple to get my spouses (principal applicant) medical exams done because i don't have a UCI number,every doctor i have contacted (from the selected panel of physicians) asks me for that number, they all tell me the same thing, that i must first send the application and then once i receive the UCI number i can get his exams done.

Im so worried that something is gonna go wrong, can someone please help and tell me if this is all normal? and if so, how long do i have to wait before i can link my application and get the UCI number?!

Thanks!!!

Sohini

Sep 23, 2016
Hi,
I understand your frustration. You will receive the UCI and application# in an email. My application was received on July 26 and my husband who is my sponsor received the UCI on Aug 17.
But I am facing the same problem linking my application, in spite of having a valid UCI. Raise a technical issue request and check if that helps. Thats what I have done. Waiting to hear back from CIC.
All the best :)

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
more than likely you won't be able to link your application until AFTER the sponsor receives either the acknowledgement of receipt (AOR) or sponsor approval (SA). The UCI in these letters will only be for the sponsor, not the applicant. Most applicants don't receive uci numbers until they are contacted by their visa office later down the road. Since you just mailed your application, it may be too early to be able to link your application, so you will need to wait a bit longer.

since some applicants don't get it until PPR or their actual approval paper is received, a UCI number is NOT required for a medical exam. you need to make it absolutely clear to the doctor's office you submitted a spousal sponsorship application and a uci number is NOT required. if they continue to give you problems with this, tell them you will be reporting them to CIC, then call cic to find out how to get the doctor's office to comply. the doctor will be able to submit the report with the applicant's passport details. CIC will use the emedical receipt the doctors give you to connect the application.

aylar10

Jun 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-09-2016
File Transfer...
27-09-2016 (SA)
Med's Done....
30-05-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2016
LANDED..........
10-11-2016
valerie19 said:
Hello!!!

So i sent my application (physically by mail) last Wednesday, according to my fedex tracking number it has arrived at the Mississauga office where it was supposed to arrive. So i logged into my CIC account to try and link the application, but every time i do so it says the application has not been found, or there is no information on it. I cant search for it with a UCI number because i don't have one, its my first time applying so i have never received a UCI number. I was told i would get it once i receive documente from Citizenship and Immigration Canada. is this correct? or does the number appear somewhere and i just don't know?

Also, i was not apple to get my spouses (principal applicant) medical exams done because i don't have a UCI number,every doctor i have contacted (from the selected panel of physicians) asks me for that number, they all tell me the same thing, that i must first send the application and then once i receive the UCI number i can get his exams done.

Im so worried that something is gonna go wrong, can someone please help and tell me if this is all normal? and if so, how long do i have to wait before i can link my application and get the UCI number?!

Thanks!!!
You don't have to have a UCI number to link your application. Use the PA family name, name, date and place of birth. skip the passport info. answer to the questions in which city or the province the PA plans to live. for the number of the applicants, try either 1 or 2. 1 worked for me but some other people had to put 2. This is if you don't have any children. I was able to link my application 5 days after it was received in Mississauga and I got my AOR1 (UCI) 3 weeks later.

I am not sure why the doctors are asking you to have a UCI. You don't need to have that. when you do your medical, a "UMI" number is generated on your medical receipt. The UMI is in the form of Uxxxxxxxxx. Your medical results sits in the CIC database until they open your application and with your UMI number they can link it to your application. We did our medical in May thinking we could apply in June but we had to wait until end of August to obtain another document. so CIC had our medical results 3 moths prior of our submission. Keep in mind, you don't have to do medical upfront. Some people prefer to do it, when they're asked. but we did it in advance to remove any delay. Hope this helps.

Ayvazcarla

Dec 21, 2014
Pgp 2015

Hi everyone
My moms status changed from in process to decision made within one week and saying that then sent me a letter on September 23 and expect delays in mail delivery ! No medical exams requested yet! Does anybody know how long does it take to recieve it?

Ayvazcarla

Dec 21, 2014
Pgp 2015

Hi everyone
My moms status changed from in process to decision made within one week and saying that then sent me a letter on September 23 and expect delays in mail delivery ! No medical exams requested yet! Does anybody know how long does it take to recieve it?

valerie19

Sep 21, 2016
Thanks everyone for answering!!! you all helped calm me down!! hahaha i was really worried! :) guess ill just have to wait!!

naveedali

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2015
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2016
AOR Received.
Sep 2016
File Transfer...
Oct 2016
Sohini said:
Hi,
I understand your frustration. You will receive the UCI and application# in an email. My application was received on July 26 and my husband who is my sponsor received the UCI on Aug 17.
But I am facing the same problem linking my application, in spite of having a valid UCI. Raise a technical issue request and check if that helps. Thats what I have done. Waiting to hear back from CIC.
All the best :)
Try this and don't use UCI for linking use Application Number

The combination of information that I used to find the application (finally) was:

1. Logged in with GC Key account.
2. Permanent Residence > Family Class (Spouses)
2. Application Number and Family Name - Copy/pasted application number from email (including the F) and entered PA's last name.
3. City of Birth - I entered 1 space (hit spacebar once)
4. Country of Birth - Selected PA's country of birth
5. Passport Info - Did not enter any passport info
6. Other Application Info - Filled out the other application info as per our application and put '2' as the number of members in the application. I am sponsoring my husband, no dependents.

It popped up saying 1 application was found. Hope this helps someone trying to link their account.

Mary Peter

Oct 19, 2016
Try this and don't use UCI for linking use Application Number

The combination of information that I used to find the application (finally) was:

1. Logged in with GC Key account.
2. Permanent Residence > Family Class (Spouses)
2. Application Number and Family Name - Copy/pasted application number from email (including the F) and entered PA's last name.
3. City of Birth - I entered 1 space (hit spacebar once)
4. Country of Birth - Selected PA's country of birth
5. Passport Info - Did not enter any passport info
6. Other Application Info - Filled out the other application info as per our application and put '2' as the number of members in the application. I am sponsoring my husband, no dependents.

It popped up saying 1 application was found. Hope this helps someone trying to link their account.

Mary Peter

Oct 19, 2016
Hi Naveed,

I have received my UCI and application Number but i am trying to link my application to my CIC account and i have attempted several times and even tried your idea but no result. But I know that Immigration has received my application and my document is on verification.

Please kindly help me to link my application.

hussain-lala

Nov 7, 2013
my wife applied for SOWP on 10.10.2017. we got the VFS receipt which has tracking id and reference but we didnt get email.
now the problem with linking the online application is that she has single name so we are unable to link the application as either we need file number (which has not been emailed to us) or we can use first name, surename and other data (but due to single name that is also not possible).

I want CAIPS notes but again file number is required.
Any solution?