Done ahead of time
Med's Done....
Done ahead of time
Interview........
Oct 3, 2016
LANDED..........
Oct 17, 2016
UCI NUMBER MIX-UP - PLEASE HELP!!!

My wife and I applied for a visitor visa while we were engaged, it was rejected and we were given a UCI number. we then got married and applied for a PR, which we are waiting for approval and we forgot to that by doing a visitor visa, we were given a UCI number. the PR then gave us a new UCI number. My part (Sponsor) has already been approved and we were recently sent an email saying I am approved as a sponsor and our file is now being sent to the principal applicant's country. Do you believe that will cause a problem?

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
jtannous said:
UCI NUMBER MIX-UP - PLEASE HELP!!!

My wife and I applied for a visitor visa while we were engaged, it was rejected and we were given a UCI number. we then got married and applied for a PR, which we are waiting for approval and we forgot to that by doing a visitor visa, we were given a UCI number. the PR then gave us a new UCI number. My part (Sponsor) has already been approved and we were recently sent an email saying I am approved as a sponsor and our file is now being sent to the principal applicant's country. Do you believe that will cause a problem?
The UCI they sent you with your SA is your UCI number. The old UCI that your wife received when she applied for a visitor visa is her UCI. There is no mix up. If they send her any correspondence they will use her UCI.

jtannous

Dec 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Mar 3, 2016
File Transfer...
Apr 1, 2016
Med's Request
Done ahead of time
Med's Done....
Done ahead of time
Interview........
Oct 3, 2016
LANDED..........
Oct 17, 2016
ImABule said:
The UCI they sent you with your SA is your UCI number. The old UCI that your wife received when she applied for a visitor visa is her UCI. There is no mix up. If they send her any correspondence they will use her UCI.
they will use her UCI from the visitor visa even though we neglected to put it in IMM 0008 (PR general application form)? although we did mention it in one of our answers...(has she ever been rejected from entering canada, and we explained yes we tried a visitor visa, etc)

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Putting her UCI on the forms isn't a requirement, I believe it just says "if known" or something like that in the instruction guide. Don't worry about it.

jtannous

Dec 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Mar 3, 2016
File Transfer...
Apr 1, 2016
Med's Request
Done ahead of time
Med's Done....
Done ahead of time
Interview........
Oct 3, 2016
LANDED..........
Oct 17, 2016
Aquakitty said:
Putting her UCI on the forms isn't a requirement, I believe it just says "if known" or something like that in the instruction guide. Don't worry about it.
maybe you can also help me with other questions please, you seem very knowledgeable..

-------------------------------
Question 1) for a TRV (visitor visa) Is it ok if she does NOT have much in her account, but i have a lot in my account, good paying stable job (above average salary)? (i will also be showing that i own and live in my own home) ...... some people are saying that if i have a lot of money available, it will be enough for proof of funds for visitor visa and some say she has to have them... BUT SHE IS MY WIFE WERE ASKING TO BRING ON VISITOR VISA....I read somewhere that because she is my wife, i can show my funds and provide a letter stating that i will be responsible for her expenses here, as she is my WIFE.

even in the checklist it mentions if she will be living off her invitee - straight from the checklist:

Proof of sufficient funds to cover expenses for the duration of your visit.
 A bank statement covering the last twelve months and showing the balance of the
account;
 Any additional relevant documentation (last 2 pay slips, property titles, proof of
pension, investments, etc.);
 If you are not paying for your own trip, indicate how your trip will be funded. Submit
supporting documentation, for example: parents’ bank statements; letter from
employer covering costs; spouse’s employment, proof of employment and financial
documents for host in Canada* (employment letter, pay slips, T4 or Notice of
Assessment, bank statements), etc.
---------------------------------------

Question2) is there a way to request multiple entry visa? or do they decide depending on the application? you think i could add that request to the invitation letter?

honeysingh

Feb 20, 2013
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had a different UCI when i am on a Study Permit, and when I applied for a Work permit, they game me a Brand New UCI.

I was confused and called CIC couple of times and theysaid it's fine and there is nothing to worry. Since then I have been using new UCI for any correspondence with CIC and Even i got the PR later on the new UCI itself.

So, i guess CIC can issue a new UCI for the same Individual. hope this helps

dmac

Mar 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-01-2016
AOR Received.
3-03-2016
File Transfer...
8-03-2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
No, thank goodness.
Passport Req..
28-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-09-2016
LANDED..........
09-28-2016
My wife has gotten a new UCI for each application she's made (2 for visitor visas, 1 for PR; 3 in total). It seems the cic usually just issues a new one for each new application.

jtannous

Dec 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Mar 3, 2016
File Transfer...
Apr 1, 2016
Med's Request
Done ahead of time
Med's Done....
Done ahead of time
Interview........
Oct 3, 2016
LANDED..........
Oct 17, 2016
dmac said:
My wife has gotten a new UCI for each application she's made (2 for visitor visas, 1 for PR; 3 in total). It seems the cic usually just issues a new one for each new application.
thank you soooooooo much, thats very very helpful!!!

would you happen to know the answers to my other questions? ..............

Question 1) for a TRV (visitor visa) Is it ok if she does NOT have much in her account, but i have a lot in my account, good paying stable job (above average salary)? (i will also be showing that i own and live in my own home) ...... some people are saying that if i have a lot of money available, it will be enough for proof of funds for visitor visa and some say she has to have them... BUT SHE IS MY WIFE WERE ASKING TO BRING ON VISITOR VISA....I read somewhere that because she is my wife, i can show my funds and provide a letter stating that i will be responsible for her expenses here, as she is my WIFE.

Question2) is there a way to request multiple entry visa? or do they decide depending on the application? you think i could add that request to the invitation letter?

jtannous

Dec 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Mar 3, 2016
File Transfer...
Apr 1, 2016
Med's Request
Done ahead of time
Med's Done....
Done ahead of time
Interview........
Oct 3, 2016
LANDED..........
Oct 17, 2016
honeysingh said:
I had a different UCI when i am on a Study Permit, and when I applied for a Work permit, they game me a Brand New UCI.

I was confused and called CIC couple of times and theysaid it's fine and there is nothing to worry. Since then I have been using new UCI for any correspondence with CIC and Even i got the PR later on the new UCI itself.

So, i guess CIC can issue a new UCI for the same Individual. hope this helps
thank you so much for your reply honeysingh.... would you be able to help me with my other questions?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
jtannous said:
TRV applications are multiple entry applications by default. No need to make a special request. Having said that, the officer can decide whether to issue a multiple, single or refuse.

jtannous

Dec 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Mar 3, 2016
File Transfer...
Apr 1, 2016
Med's Request
Done ahead of time
Med's Done....
Done ahead of time
Interview........
Oct 3, 2016
LANDED..........
Oct 17, 2016
scylla said:
TRV applications are multiple entry applications by default. No need to make a special request. Having said that, the officer can decide whether to issue a multiple, single or refuse.
thank you so much for the input, truly helps.

what do you think about this question:

im trying to find a balance... if i "show off" too much in Canada, they may think she has more reason to stay here and would refuse her... if we dont show enough, they would think i cant take care of her... whats the balance?????

i mean, for PR, there is no minimum $ for spouse... so why do they care so much, WERE MARRIED!