+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UBC , University Of Ottawa and Memorial University of Newfoundland. Fall 2016.

Sparsha

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
span said:
Hello Sparsha,

I applied for industrial option too thinking it meant Coop:p. These applications process are so hefty and tiresome. I applied my IELTS score BTW in the additional documents tab. Im able to edit referees now. But in the requirements tab under recieved column everything else has date except one row reading 'Post Secondary Transcript'. what does this mean? also my status shows incomplete-items outstanding, is it because of ref letter that is yet to be submitted?
Hello Span,

Industrial option does mean Coop too, but coursework also has the Coop option. Its just that Industrial option is of short duration and coursework has more more months than the latter...Don't you worry!.. :)
I feel applications are quite the easy part (scared of next stages :d)...
'Post Secondary Transcript' usually refers to the education after "10+2"... It could be your UG or Diploma..
"In complete items" may indicate about this transcript only. Try upload and check whether the error is going.. If not wait till your referees have completed their referral to you..
Even after you uploading everything and referrals are done, the message is shown then I think you might receive a mail from Grads office by then about the outstanding docs..
Check everything carefully in your application!..

jaybh93

Sep 5, 2015
Mumbai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everybody,
I too applied for fall 2016 in Concordia, Ottawa, carleton and Waterloo. I want to know in how many days does the status of application is updated at Ottawa. Since my docs was received on 4 Jan and it's been a week and no update information so kind of worried. Secondly, for ielts I'm sending electronic to Ottawa will that be okay right? Other than Ottawa, Concordia has asked to me to upload marksheet (no idea why) rest all are updated.

Sparsha

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jaybh93 said:
Hello everybody,
I too applied for fall 2016 in Concordia, Ottawa, carleton and Waterloo. I want to know in how many days does the status of application is updated at Ottawa. Since my docs was received on 4 Jan and it's been a week and no update information so kind of worried. Secondly, for ielts I'm sending electronic to Ottawa will that be okay right? Other than Ottawa, Concordia has asked to me to upload marksheet (no idea why) rest all are updated.
Hi,

For Ottawa, it takes a lot of time.Have patience till Jan end.. My docs were received by the university sometime at the end of December (when I have sent them in the mid of December). There is no status change till now.. So we have to wait. I saw the decision coming sometimes at the end of Feb (I have read it for the previous admits in some blogs).
I think it's better to send the IELTS copy to them, either way there are gonna ask you about it. Marks Sheet is necessary for every university, I suppose. I haven't applied to Concordia, so not sure!...

jaybh93

Sep 5, 2015
Mumbai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have already sent my docs for IELTS score reporting for Ottawa to British Council and I guess it will be around 2 weeks and soon its gonna be dispatched. Since ottawa accepts electronic reporting it should'nt create a problem right? ??? ??? ???

Sparsha

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jaybh93 said:
I have already sent my docs for IELTS score reporting for Ottawa to British Council and I guess it will be around 2 weeks and soon its gonna be dispatched. Since ottawa accepts electronic reporting it should'nt create a problem right? ??? ??? ???
Yeah I guess so! :)

Sparsha

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Did anyone receive response from University of Ottawa...
They denied my application :(....
I got rejection from Carleton University too..
Left with -
1) University of Victoria
2) University of Manitoba

manuelbarmby

May 2, 2014
Hello Guyz,

I spoke with Academic Service Officer(Sylvie) and was told that they just completed the admission process for winter session. She said hopefully by next week, the evaluating committee would start evaluating applications which could take up to 2wks. I applied for MEBT in UoO.

best of luck!!!!

allancmm

Aug 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sparsha said:
Hi,

Did anyone receive response from University of Ottawa...
They denied my application :(....
I got rejection from Carleton University too..
Left with -
1) University of Victoria
2) University of Manitoba
Seriously? What a shame! Have they provided any information of why they have denied you application?

nikh941

Star Member
Dec 4, 2015
Surrey
Hi, Can anyone please tell me that Master of Engineering Electrical and Computer Engineering is 1 year program or 2 year program?

Sparsha

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
allancmm said:
Seriously? What a shame! Have they provided any information of why they have denied you application?
Hi,

They haven't provided me with any reason...!! :(

m111

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
I have got my admission letter from Ottawa and they need a reply before the end of the month.
but I am still waiting a reply from UBC and Alberta.

Can i in the meanwhile accept the admission letter of UoOttawa then decline it (if i got accepted by UBC)? is it common?

Sparsha

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
m111 said:
I have got my admission letter from Ottawa and they need a reply before the end of the month.
but I am still waiting a reply from UBC and Alberta.

Can i in the meanwhile accept the admission letter of UoOttawa then decline it (if i got accepted by UBC)? is it common?
Could you please share me your profile!..