+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UAE TRAVEL RECORDS ATTESTATION

toshib

Star Member
Apr 17, 2014
Hi,

I Became Permanent resident of Canada on February 2011.
Applied for citizenship on 25 March 2014.
I am currently working as a hr employee in a call center.

I had my citizenship test and interview on 4th November. I got 20/20 in the test and finished it on 10 mins.

I got copies of my employment records/T4 slips, NOA, Lease agreements, Entry/Exit report from UAE stamped from Immigration department at Abu Dhabi. Before I come to Canada on February 2011 I was working in the UAE. I travelled once to Jordan for 12 days to visit my mother and sisters and that was on 2013 January.

The interview was ok, officer asked me few questions about my work history in Canada, I asked the officer to take a copy of my work documents ,lease agreements,health records . The officer said he is not interested to look at them. He asked specifically for the Entry/Exit report from UAE, I showed him the original report .The officer looked at the report and asked me to attest it from the UAE embassy in Ottawa to accept the report. I told the officer the embassy wont attest the document without I first attesting it in the foreign ministry of UAE as I dont know anybody who can attest the report for me there in the UAE but the officer still insisted in attesting the report and said that my file will be deleyed if I did not attest the report. Any suggestions
Thanks

Iebo

Star Member
Oct 22, 2014
toshib said:
Hi,

I had my citizenship test and interview on 4th November. I got 20/20 in the test and finished it on 10 mins.

I got copies of my employment records/T4 slips, NOA, Lease agreements, Entry/Exit report from UAE stamped from Immigration department at Abu Dhabi. Before I come to Canada on February 2011 I was working in the UAE. I travelled once to Jordan for 12 days to visit my mother and sisters and that was on 2013 January.

The interview was ok, officer asked me few questions about my work history in Canada, I asked the officer to take a copy of my work documents ,lease agreements,health records . The officer said he is not interested to look at them. He asked specifically for the Entry/Exit report from UAE, I showed him the original report .The officer looked at the report and asked me to attest it from the UAE embassy in Ottawa to accept the report. I told the officer the embassy wont attest the document without I first attesting it in the foreign ministry of UAE as I dont know anybody who can attest the report for me there in the UAE but the officer still insisted in attesting the report and said that my file will be deleyed if I did not attest the report. Any suggestions
Thanks

Sorry for that, can you tell your local office ?

Observer

Star Member
May 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Salam toshib, are you sure the Embassy won’t attest unless you attest from the Ministry in UAE? My advise is:
1) Call the Embassy to validate the above.
2) If true, you need to find someone from your contacts in UAE to attest from the Ministry.
Good luck and keep us updated.

toshib

Star Member
Apr 17, 2014
Salam Observer,

Unfortunately I called the UAE embassy yesterday afternoon few hours after my interview and they told me to attest the document first through UAE foreign ministry and then i can send it to them by mail to ottawa.The point is I dont have currently someone to there in UAE to do it for me as my friend who sent me the entry exit report is now living out of UAE but I will try with my previous employer.

Observer

Star Member
May 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Inshallah you will find someone in UAE to attest it for you. My advise to you is to do it quickly to gain time.
By the way, did the officer spend more timing checking your passport or the translation? Also, did you translate all UAE stamps as some stamps are in English already?

toshib

Star Member
Apr 17, 2014
I the interview was about 20 mins, I already gave him the stamps and visas on the passport attached with original certified translation. He checked them and checked the stamps and visas. Then he asked for the report attestation.

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
salam,
try to do that even by paying somebody. good luck inshaallah

toshib said:
Salam Observer,

Unfortunately I called the UAE embassy yesterday afternoon few hours after my interview and they told me to attest the document first through UAE foreign ministry and then i can send it to them by mail to ottawa.The point is I dont have currently someone to there in UAE to do it for me as my friend who sent me the entry exit report is now living out of UAE but I will try with my previous employer.

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
I got goose bump reading your interview experience. its so strange that they are asking to attest the entry exit stamps from UAE. can you elaborate the reason why they might be asking as you already giving them passport translation and your proof of stay in Canada like cbsa report, ohip report and job letter. why UAE entry exit attestation is must do u still have active visa on passport.

toshib said:
Hi,

Thanks

So Concerned

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
I was requested the same thing after 8 months of my test date 2 months went by and nothing has come through... My friend had his test 6 months after myself and was requested the same report and he did submit it
During the interview and was given oath letter on the spot?? Attested or not it's a matter of luck... But I have no other chosse I have to find someone to attest it from foreign ministry and them attest by UAE embassy what a joke!!!!!

toshib

Star Member
Apr 17, 2014
So concerned you are right ,I guess it is luck based and depends on the applicant's luck

Blue Shirt The officer didn't want to look on other documents he concentrated on the travel report

I had a UAE visa that was cancelled before I come to Canada

laras

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
toshib,
if you don't mind, please post your timeline. also, what is your local office?

toshib said:
So concerned you are right ,I guess it is luck based and depends on the applicant's luck

Blue Shirt The officer didn't want to look on other documents he concentrated on the travel report

I had a UAE visa that was cancelled before I come to Canada

laras

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
so concerned, were you also requested for the uae entry-exit report to be attested by ministry of foreign affairs and then attested by ottawa, uae embassy?
or you were just requested for the report?

So Concerned said:
I was requested the same thing after 8 months of my test date 2 months went by and nothing has come through... My friend had his test 6 months after myself and was requested the same report and he did submit it
During the interview and was given oath letter on the spot?? Attested or not it's a matter of luck... But I have no other chosse I have to find someone to attest it from foreign ministry and them attest by UAE embassy what a joke!!!!!

toshib

Star Member
Apr 17, 2014
alam observer,

stamps are in English but if you notice the Airport name is in Arabic so I guess it better to translate it by certified translator to stay on the safe side