+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UAE Embassy in Vancouver

targz

Apr 13, 2018
Hey guys,

I am applying for my citizenship and I need a police certificate from UAE because I lived there for a year during my eligibility period. I don't see any information about a UAE Embassy in Vancouver and the website linked on the CIC website for information on how to apply for a UAE police certificate doesn't seem to be working. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Embassies are only in Capitals, other cities have consulates and Vancouver doesn't have one. Call the one in Toronto (416) 238-7666 and seek help

Reactions: targz and JoeOsu

skeecandidate

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
Hey guys,

I am applying for my citizenship and I need a police certificate from UAE because I lived there for a year during my eligibility period. I don't see any information about a UAE Embassy in Vancouver and the website linked on the CIC website for information on how to apply for a UAE police certificate doesn't seem to be working. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Were you a resident of UAE and have an emirates ID? If yes, you can apply for a police certificate directly on the Dubai police website .

https://www.dubaipolice.gov.ae/wps/portal/home/services/individualservicescontent/goodconductcertificatecatalog

Reactions: targz

targz

Apr 13, 2018
Embassies are only in Capitals, other cities have consulates and Vancouver doesn't have one. Call the one in Toronto (416) 238-7666 and seek help
Thank you.

Were you a resident of UAE and have an emirates ID? If yes, you can apply for a police certificate directly on the Dubai police website .

https://www.dubaipolice.gov.ae/wps/portal/home/services/individualservicescontent/goodconductcertificatecatalog
Thanks for replying. Yeah, I had an emirates ID (not valid anymore) but looks like I can apply on that website. Thank you so much. :)

skeecandidate

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
Looks like this is only for people who are citizens/still have residency status in UAE. I don't. :(
No. that's not the case. I suggest you try it out. Click on access service once you get into the website, and select Outside UAE for the question titled "I am Located?*"
All you need to upload is copy of your expired emirates ID, current passport and recent photo. I'm currently located in United States and have personally used this service of Dubai police a couple of months back. The certificate gets e-mailed in about 5 days once you apply. The only challenge is you will need a credit card from one of the GCC countries to apply.

targz

Apr 13, 2018
No. that's not the case. I suggest you try it out. Click on access service once you get into the website, and select Outside UAE for the question titled "I am Located?*"
All you need to upload is copy of your expired emirates ID, current passport and recent photo. I'm currently located in United States and have personally used this service of Dubai police a couple of months back. The certificate gets e-mailed in about 5 days once you apply. The only challenge is you will need a credit card from one of the GCC countries to apply.
Oh I see. Thank you for clarifying.

targz

Apr 13, 2018
One more question, I lived in Sharjah and this service is provided by the Dubai police, will they still give me my certificate? In another thread, someone said the emirate you are from doesn't matter but I called the embassy and they told me the online service won't work for me because it is only for Dubai? The fees is non refundable and that is a lot of money that I won't get back if they don't issue certificates for other emirates.

skeecandidate

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
One more question, I lived in Sharjah and this service is provided by the Dubai police, will they still give me my certificate? In another thread, someone said the emirate you are from doesn't matter but I called the embassy and they told me the online service won't work for me because it is only for Dubai? The fees is non refundable and that is a lot of money that I won't get back if they don't issue certificates for other emirates.
This is just my personal opinion - Dubai and Sharjah are so close and it's a very common scenario for many people to live in Sharjah and work in Dubai. My understanding is that Sharjah police issues certificates only if you have a work permit / residency document issued by Sharjah and this is a hard copy issued in person. It's not always possible to get it when you live outside UAE. Also, CIC states that certificate from any emirate is acceptable. The certificate from Dubai police is issued by Dept of Criminal justice and is based on Emirates ID. If your ID is acceptable it will show a green tick mark against it when you enter it in the application for Dubai police website. Hence, the eligibility is verified before you make the payment.
I have read in other threads that this is fine, but do NOT have personal experience on this as we lived in Dubai itself.

targz

Apr 13, 2018
This is just my personal opinion - Dubai and Sharjah are so close and it's a very common scenario for many people to live in Sharjah and work in Dubai. My understanding is that Sharjah police issues certificates only if you have a work permit / residency document issued by Sharjah and this is a hard copy issued in person. It's not always possible to get it when you live outside UAE. Also, CIC states that certificate from any emirate is acceptable. The certificate from Dubai police is issued by Dept of Criminal justice and is based on Emirates ID. If your ID is acceptable it will show a green tick mark against it when you enter it in the application for Dubai police website. Hence, the eligibility is verified before you make the payment.
I have read in other threads that this is fine, but do NOT have personal experience on this as we lived in Dubai itself.
Thank you! One more question (sorry), did you send your fingerprints by mail? The form shows Biometric Card Photocopy (which I assume means fingerprints) as a required field but I don't see any place where I can upload it.

skeecandidate

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
Thank you! One more question (sorry), did you send your fingerprints by mail? The form shows Biometric Card Photocopy (which I assume means fingerprints) as a required field but I don't see any place where I can upload it.
No. I did not have to upload or send the finger prints as I had emirates ID. The finger prints are required to be sent only if you do NOT have an Emirates ID.

canada4evr

Star Member
Aug 20, 2013
Cic needs UAE PCC. It doesn't matter which Emirates issue it. If you check cic website, you will find that PCC from any Emirates in UAE is acceptable. Good luck

targz

Apr 13, 2018
So I applied for the certificate and they sent it to me through email instead of a physical copy by mail. Now I am worried that CIC might not accept it because they want the _original_ certificate and I will just be sending a print out?