intensecool

Jan 29, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I have got ITA on 451 and i have to submit my app by 17th september.

Due to my IELTS score issue i have to do my retest which is not possible in India now, the only choice is UAE.

I can see there are dates available in Dubai, Sharjah & Abu Dhabi, where should i book my test where it should be comfortable since i have to stay nearby to the centre.

Looking forward to some quick suggestions so i can book this on time.

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
17th September is cutting it very close.. the next test for General training in Dubai is 29th August.. you will get the result in time...13 days...this is conducted by British Council...but the speaking test can be 2-7 days before or after, so you have to keep this in mind.

For me: I had reading,writing and listening at Zayed University (everyone has it here..in Academic City) and then speaking exactly 7 days later (Saturday) in the same venue.
For a friend: She had the 3 with me at Zayed university on Saturday, but had her speaking at British Council on Monday.

But immediately after registering and receiving your reference, you can call British Council and then put in a request to have speaking on particular date (for example if you want to just come down for weekend)..but speaking dates are only given 3 days before actual test, so that might be an issue for travelling purposes...so you can ask the representative at British Council..

I also did it at Knowledge Village 2 years ago...had all on the same day..just few hours waiting for speaking...
But they were totally full this time...

You might be late for 29th registration, but check Knowledge Village and British Council (I believe BC has a lot more capacity and remained open for much longer than KV)

Also, keep in mind, living costs in Sharjah are cheapest... then Dubai... Abu Dhabi is a bit more expensive...
I'm not sure where are the locations in Shj or Abu Dhabi... but you can check the locations and research any hotels close by... or even better if you call the venue, ask them for best hotels..am sure they are used to people coming down to do tests...they even had special announcements for out of station students etc during the exam...

I suggest you call tomorrow and get everything sorted since its a Sunday and you might be off if you are in India.. better not to lose more time..
Good luck!

intensecool

Jan 29, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EFK said:
17th September is cutting it very close.. the next test for General training in Dubai is 29th August.. you will get the result in time...13 days...this is conducted by British Council...but the speaking test can be 2-7 days before or after, so you have to keep this in mind.

For me: I had reading,writing and listening at Zayed University (everyone has it here..in Academic City) and then speaking exactly 7 days later (Saturday) in the same venue.
For a friend: She had the 3 with me at Zayed university on Saturday, but had her speaking at British Council on Monday.

But immediately after registering and receiving your reference, you can call British Council and then put in a request to have speaking on particular date (for example if you want to just come down for weekend)..but speaking dates are only given 3 days before actual test, so that might be an issue for travelling purposes...so you can ask the representative at British Council..

I also did it at Knowledge Village 2 years ago...had all on the same day..just few hours waiting for speaking...
But they were totally full this time...

You might be late for 29th registration, but check Knowledge Village and British Council (I believe BC has a lot more capacity and remained open for much longer than KV)

Also, keep in mind, living costs in Sharjah are cheapest... then Dubai... Abu Dhabi is a bit more expensive...
I'm not sure where are the locations in Shj or Abu Dhabi... but you can check the locations and research any hotels close by... or even better if you call the venue, ask them for best hotels..am sure they are used to people coming down to do tests...they even had special announcements for out of station students etc during the exam...

I suggest you call tomorrow and get everything sorted since its a Sunday and you might be off if you are in India.. better not to lose more time..
Good luck!
Thanks a lot for detailed explanation, it really helped.

I am planning to do this in Dubai with one centre open - Venue/Town: Zayed University, Academic City, Ruwaiya 2, (British Council Official IELTS Test Venue), Dubai

Did you say speaking is done after 7 days ?

I believe speaking date is declared a week before, i can try and call BC to fix this date if possible to fix travel arrangement. Should i call venue to ask about this or directly call BC for support.

vipulgoyal88

Star Member
May 6, 2015
I faced a similar issue, though it was just an intercity thing in India, not UAE and India. They dont schedule speaking test based on our constraints / issues. It comes directly from IELTS and they just conduct it... Still if you want to try, call BC, venue is just the venue

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You need to call BC directly... this is the same place I did it.. they gave us all speaking schedule on Wednesday... for the written test after 3 days (Saturday)

intensecool

Jan 29, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EFK said:
You need to call BC directly... this is the same place I did it.. they gave us all speaking schedule on Wednesday... for the written test after 3 days (Saturday)
So your speaking was 3 days before your writing and other tests.

This essentially means i can only book tickets after i get their email confirmation of test dates.

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nope...I got the email confirmation with the date on Wednesday 29th July...writing, reading and listening on 1st August...speaking on 8th August..

DXB

Jul 16, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

I got it done through Eton institute located in the knowledge village Dubai and all the tests were conducted between 8:00 - 13:00 on the same day.
The results came after 13 days.
regards,
DXB

intensecool

Jan 29, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for all the help guys, i just booked for 29th August in Zayed University.

I called IELTS Dubai, they said that once you pay you can call and schedule all tests on same day since you are coming from outside UAE, they do this only for students taking tests from outside UAE.

So now off to VISA requirements and a vacation in DUBAI :p

I thought it's better to take a 3 day trip to have some vacation since i have to go anyways. :D

SAJ_ee2015

Jul 4, 2015
intensecool said:
Hi,

I have got ITA on 451 and i have to submit my app by 17th september.

Due to my IELTS score issue i have to do my retest which is not possible in India now, the only choice is UAE.

I can see there are dates available in Dubai, Sharjah & Abu Dhabi, where should i book my test where it should be comfortable since i have to stay nearby to the centre.

Looking forward to some quick suggestions so i can book this on time.
Just wondering.. Your IELTS score expired or you gave wrong score in your profile?

intensecool

Jan 29, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My timeline -

ITA - 17th July
IELTS expire - 27th July

Ielts retest - 1st August with disaster scores don't know how i score 6 in something i had 8 before in same section

Last date for ITA submission - 17th September

Taking a retest on 29th August to get results by 11th september so i can submit my app on time.

Hope to do better in IELTS this time.