+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

U.S. citizen to marry a Canadian

tamee

Jul 25, 2007
TaaDow--speaking of this subject, i know you can go visit your spouse in canada (im in the US) while awaiting cic approval on a spousal outland application. Im wondering if its legal to go to canada for 6 months while waiting and register my kids in school while i am there? Ive heard of people doing this but i wanted to know the complications of this on an application other than if you have to go for an interview i know you would have to go to your orignal country for it. Could you shed some light on this topic please?

T

TaaDow

As long as your children can legally attend school in Canada then there is no issue with what you are suggesting.

tamee

Jul 25, 2007
Legally as in i didnt steal them away from their dad or anythinglike that?i have court papers saying we can move to canada.

T

TaaDow

I admit I have no idea what's involved with enrolling children in school these days. I have none myself and this isn't a part of the immigration process I deal with.

I assume if they're not Citizens or holding PR status that they would require some form of Student Visa but this may not be the case at the public school level. If they are Citizens by birth or holding PR status then I imagine it's as simple as enrolling them...

A little out of my field...