+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

U.S. applicants let's connect here!

rajulita02

Star Member
Aug 27, 2014
Great to hear .. For me , medical passed today in MYCIC account .. It is yet to reflect in Ecas status.

variazioni said:
Happy for you man!! Finally some good news to cheer us up ;D

rasber

Mar 15, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
10-03-2015
Med's Done....
14-02-2015
rajulita02 said:
Great to hear .. For me , medical passed today in MYCIC account .. It is yet to reflect in Ecas status.
Great! Can you share your timeline.

autumnsummer71

Star Member
Mar 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2015
Doc's Request.
08-05-2015 RCMP; 29-05-2015 Schedule A
AOR Received.
27-03-2015
Med's Done....
27-03-2015
Passport Req..
18-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2015
LANDED..........
16-09-2015 at CIC Calgary
variazioni said:
Happy for you man!! Finally some good news to cheer us up ;D
Thanks variazioni! Wishing you the same at the earliest.
I had another update today:

a. ECAS application status changed from "In Process" to "Application Received"
b. A Third line has been added that says "Medical results have been received"

Its been exactly 5 days since myCIC updated the Medicals status to Passed(Apr 30th) and ECAS to reflect it (may 5th)

variazioni

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
autumnsummer71 said:
Thanks variazioni! Wishing you the same at the earliest.
I had another update today:

a. ECAS application status changed from "In Process" to "Application Received"
b. A Third line has been added that says "Medical results have been received"

Its been exactly 5 days since myCIC updated the Medicals status to Passed(Apr 30th) and ECAS to reflect it (may 5th)
Congrats!! Today my ME is passed. After such a long wait!!!

Ecas didn't change yet and it's still In Process. But I assume it will have the 3rd line soon.

Lucky Tuesday, hopefully everyone else out there is having some good updates!!!

Hopefully my ecas can update soon just like yours :D

variazioni

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harirajmohan said:
Hi,
I thought FBI sends the pcc in 3-4 weeks. Yours is taking lot of time. Please share if you received the pcc from fbi yet.
I just applied last week and thought i would get this month but not sure now.

Also can you please share where cic has increased the validity of pcc from 3 months to 6 months as my pr application guide still says 3 months. Any more information will be helpful.
I got my new fbi PCC today. It's common now fbi PCC takes 14 weeks. I called them once and they said they open your application and see if the finger prints are good or not at the 13th week. Check cic's site and it says about the six months period.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

Chaoen

Apr 17, 2015
variazioni said:
I got my new fbi PCC today. It's common now fbi PCC takes 14 weeks. I called them once and they said they open your application and see if the finger prints are good or not at the 13th week. Check cic's site and it says about the six months period.
Why you guys go to FBI for PCC. Today I called state bureau of investigation, and I was told that they can provide this certificate. The time line was much less only about 2 weeks.

niagary

Star Member
Mar 28, 2015
Chaoen said:
Why you guys go to FBI for PCC. Today I called state bureau of investigation, and I was told that they can provide this certificate. The time line was much less only about 2 weeks.
It is true that state bureau gives in 2 weeks. But CIC wants pcc from usa which is fbi to start with. If they require CIC can ask for state bureau.

variazioni

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chaoen said:
cic's site only mentions getting PCC from fbi. I don't know if they will accept PCC from
Other places.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/united-states.asp

Do I need to provide a Police Certificate with my Application for Permanent Residence? Yes

Name of document(s) to get: Identity History Summary Request (issued by the Federal Bureau of Investigations – FBI)

Citizenship and Immigration Canada does not accept FBI police certificates issued by FBI-approved third party private companies. Only police certificates issued directly by the FBI will be accepted.

rajulita02

Star Member
Aug 27, 2014
any update on anyone status rather than Medical being passed?
I have heard one shocking news that CIC is cancelling application if FBI PCC is OLD than 3 months...so I am really worried..

One huy Gustcan has reported in his thread..

WISHLAD

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
ITA Received : 27-Mar-15

Medical passed last week

I got married in India last week and now I have to report the circumstances change once I get my marriage certificate.

I have now started the procedure to get the documents of my wife including PCC appointment, medical etc.
My wife mentioned that it will take about a month to get the transcript for credential evaluation. Then I will have to send that to WES. Thats going to add to the delay in my case.

Is anyone lying in the same boat as me or have any advice?

WISHLAD

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
If my wife gets the PCC for immigrating to Canada on passport and then she goes to the US consulate for H4 visa stamping and the Visa officer notices the PCC for Canada on her passport, can he decline the H4 visa?

If anyone has any idea on this, please let me know.
Thanks

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
WISHLAD said:
If my wife gets the PCC for immigrating to Canada on passport and then she goes to the US consulate for H4 visa stamping and the Visa officer notices the PCC for Canada on her passport, can he decline the H4 visa?

If anyone has any idea on this, please let me know.
Thanks
No. Getting Canadian PR can be a problem if you have US PR (GC), but it will not be a problem for getting any US non-immigrant Visa.

WISHLAD

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
lampbreaker said:
No. Getting Canadian PR can be a problem if you have US PR (GC), but it will not be a problem for getting any US non-immigrant Visa.
thank you lampbreaker

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
neel_saxena said:
Not sure.. why people from US want to move to Canada?? I thought US is much better than Canada?

Can anyone help me to understand the benefits of Canada over US?
Because Canadian police don't generally shoot unarmed people in the back.
Because Canada won't tax your foreign retirement income.
Because getting sued in the states can take 10 years and destroy your life savings and businesses.
Because prior to ObamaCare, losing your job meant losing insurance and being uninsurable in the future unless you get a job with a big employer, which is hard when you're disabled.
Because Canada doesn't consider it's Citizens it's property, forcing them to file reports of all their bank accounts, and worldwide income, and pay taxes on it.
Because Canada doesn't claim jurisdiction over every boat or plane with a Canadian on it.
Because Canada doesn't spend $640 billion a year on warfare, more than Japan, Germany, the UK, France, Saudi Arabia, Russia, and China combined.
Because Canada doesn't force foreign banks to turn over all information on their citizens everywhere in the world, or face confiscation of 35% of all money that bank brings across borders.
Because Canada doesn't try to strongarm the world into ridiculous Copyright treaties that violate the constitution.
Because Canada doesn't spy on it's own citizens like the NSA does.
Because Canada doesn't have 42% of the wealth owned by 1% of the population.

And my personal reason.... I'm gay, and I've been married in Canada for the past 5 years. In the United States, they are still fighting over who is allowed to be a family.