+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

U.S. Applicants for PR in Canada - NAFTA Negotiations

arsmith1992

May 12, 2018
Any U.S. citizen applicants worried about how the NAFTA negotiations will affect us and our applications? I know they are still negotiating and no changes have been finalized as of yet but I am a bit worried that all of my hard work to get to this point will be taken away from me. Anyone else?

Here is my current status:
-Working a permanent full time position in Ontario as a registered nurse
-My current place of employment is what is on my work permit (I was hired and able to get a work permit without needing a LMIA due to the NAFTA agreement)
-My 2 year work permit expires on April 1, 2019
-I submitted my application for permanent residency online in June 2018. Still says my criminal background check is being reviewed so just waiting...

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks all and good luck to everyone. I am wishing us all the best.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Any U.S. citizen applicants worried about how the NAFTA negotiations will affect us and our applications? I know they are still negotiating and no changes have been finalized as of yet but I am a bit worried that all of my hard work to get to this point will be taken away from me. Anyone else?

Here is my current status:
-Working a permanent full time position in Ontario as a registered nurse
-My current place of employment is what is on my work permit (I was hired and able to get a work permit without needing a LMIA due to the NAFTA agreement)
-My 2 year work permit expires on April 1, 2019
-I submitted my application for permanent residency online in June 2018. Still says my criminal background check is being reviewed so just waiting...

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks all and good luck to everyone. I am wishing us all the best.
The NAFTA negotiations won't have any effect on your PR app or your current work permit.

Reactions: arsmith1992