+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

U can not be pregrant while doing ur first landing??

imgurpreet

Oct 17, 2018
You only need to carry your bank statement for POF. Don't get TC or bank draft. No need to bring large amount of cash with you.
No but the immigration officials won’t be checking How many funds I have brought with me to support me and dependent for the first 3-4 months till I get a job ? A bank statement is just a document which I provided during ITA but bringing in funds is also required to show them that I really have them with me to support me in Canada. No ?

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
No but the immigration officials won’t be checking How many funds I have brought with me to support me and dependent for the first 3-4 months till I get a job ? A bank statement is just a document which I provided during ITA but bringing in funds is also required to show them that I really have them with me to support me in Canada. No ?
When I came to Canada years ago, no one wanted to see physically any proof of money, especially not on me at the time of immigration. I of course had the money, otherwise I would have starved..

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Banking is all electronic these days. Nobody uses travellers cheques. You can bring cash if you want but would not bring 10K or more. Would look into which Indian bank may partner with a Canadian bank so you can use a bank machine without large fees. I would also advise your bank and credit card company that you are travelling to Canada so they don't freeze your cards for possible fraud.

Banyamed

Nov 25, 2019
Hi everyone ,
I am a holder of worker permit visa to canada and I am a sponsor of family wife and one son, we got the visa recently and suddenly we get to know that mu wife is pregnant. Is she can land in canada after she get pregnant or this might affect ?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi everyone ,
I am a holder of worker permit visa to canada and I am a sponsor of family wife and one son, we got the visa recently and suddenly we get to know that mu wife is pregnant. Is she can land in canada after she get pregnant or this might affect ?
She can come to Canada while pregnant. Ensure she will have provincial medical coverage before giving birth. If not, she should remain in her country to give birth.

Banyamed

Nov 25, 2019
How can I ensure that she will have a provincial medical coverage ? And why if not she has to remain in here country to give birth ? Is it , if she has no PMI she can get in to canada?or , till she arrived there we can arrange for here a PMI ?
Thanks for enlightening to us .

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
How can I ensure that she will have a provincial medical coverage ? And why if not she has to remain in here country to give birth ? Is it , if she has no PMI she can get in to canada?or , till she arrived there we can arrange for here a PMI ?
Thanks for enlightening to us .
Check the requirements for coverage wherever you are moving to.

If she has no coverage, you will have to pay all costs. This can end up costing a significant amount of money. If the baby doesn't qualify for coverage and has complications, the bill can easily skyrocket to a million dollars or more.

If she is obviously pregnant and can't show that the birth will be covered or that she has funds to pay for it, CBSA may refuse her entry.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Is the wife the one with the work permit? If she is unable to work due to illness related to pregnancy that can be a big problem as well. Where is the job located? Assume the employer is unaware of the pregnancy. That also may cause problems especially if there is a probationary period.

Banyamed

Nov 25, 2019
Is the wife the one with the work permit? If she is unable to work due to illness related to pregnancy that can be a big problem as well. Where is the job located? Assume the employer is unaware of the pregnancy. That also may cause problems especially if there is a probationary period.
The wife she got an opened work permit as I sponsored her as a husband who got a work permit, she has no engagement with any employer right now but me yes . Where can I find the requirements for coverage insurance .
Thanks for all of you answering me and guiding

Banyamed

Nov 25, 2019
The job is located for me as a husband in Alberta, Calgary .
She has no offer letter yet but her visa is a Work type .
But is she can enter without any issues with the CBSA.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The job is located for me as a husband in Alberta, Calgary .
She has no offer letter yet but her visa is a Work type .
But is she can enter without any issues with the CBSA.
Yes. Unless she is able to work 600 she will not be able to qualify for maternity payments.

Banyamed

Nov 25, 2019
Yes. Unless she is able to work 600 she will not be able to qualify for maternity payments.
Means , she has to work 600 days then she will be able to qualify for maternity payment.
And , what about the medical coverage is it a mandatory that she find a job to work in order to be insured under (AHCIP), I am confused here

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Means , she has to work 600 days then she will be able to qualify for maternity payment.
And , what about the medical coverage is it a mandatory that she find a job to work in order to be insured under (AHCIP), I am confused here
Yes - she has to work at least 600 insurable hours to get maternity leave pay.

No - it's not mandatory that she work in order to get AHCIP.