+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Typo in what came with oath invite?

ERJOPA

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
I got 4 pages in my oath letter....3 (including what to bring and one page that asks me to look at what circumstances could prohibit me from the oath) which are pretty standard....however....the 4th page had the same circumstances listed on their website (listed on page 2 for me to look up before I come to the oath ceremony) only without the "within 4 years of application" wording on some prohibitions....which could be confusing to some oath takers.

is that 4th page an update we knew nothing about, or is it just the same conditions within the last 4 years (as listed after June 11 on their website)?

ERJOPA

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
I guess since no one is commenting on this, what they give us on page 4 is just for the application time (4 years) in question...though the wording will make anyone think twice...

I will go into my oath and assume that is the case unless any one here has other observations.

Babi22

Apr 23, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
If nobody replayed, I guess it's because they did not really understand what is exactly the issue (Like I do!), or they just don't have any answer.
If it's something so crucial (I still did not receive my Oath letter so I'm not too familiar with what kind of documents you receive) you can always call the CIC call center to inquire about this (You do not need to give them your name or ID so you ask the question anonymously) then share the outcome with us please,

Thanksm

ERJOPA

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
What I have been told by those in the know....whats on thier website is more accurate, and what applied when you signed your application is what goes. The wording on the extra page may be in reference to just the period of your application from the date of submission to the date of your oath...in other words: If you have done these things during the processing of your application, don't take the oath.

neo_baron

Oct 27, 2015
I didn't quite understand the question so I can't really help. Are you able to scan and post a link to that page? This might help us understand and look into what's happening.