+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

typical case !!!!! Need advice

lovergirl

Aug 3, 2011
Hello
i need some expert advice on my issue
my spousal visa processing is going on and my application was recieved on june 6th 2011 . its an outland application. We havent heard back anything
my husband is a PR And we got married in India and am still waiting in india to get my papers as i have given indian address
I have my 2 yrs canadian study visa valid till end of the year . can i go to canada and stay there till i get my papers
and then come back to india when i get my papers , and finish up the process once i get the PR i can go back to canada.
is it possibe.
Thank u

kuku

Jul 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/08/2011
Doc's Request.
None so far
AOR Received.
NEVER
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
5/07/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24/11/2011 ( E CAS changed to "In process' on 5/2/2012.
VISA ISSUED...
12/02/2012
LANDED..........
10/03/2012
@lovergirl

Definitely you can travel to Canada as long as you hold a valid Visa..no matter if your Pr file is in process...

You said you have a study visa...so yes you can come to canada if it is still valid. You can certainly go back to India once you get a call for interview or passport request from Delhi Office. Only thing you need to make sure is there is someone present to receive mails at the mailing address you have shown on your application...

Hope this helps

lovergirl

Aug 3, 2011
thank u so much !!!!
so u r sure i wont have any prob if i enter and exit canada with a valid visa and PR in process outland
and yes my papers will be recieved at my parents address
thank u

kuku

Jul 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/08/2011
Doc's Request.
None so far
AOR Received.
NEVER
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
5/07/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24/11/2011 ( E CAS changed to "In process' on 5/2/2012.
VISA ISSUED...
12/02/2012
LANDED..........
10/03/2012
PR application process is entirely a different process than other non immigrant applications..

it is tough to get either a study permit or visiting visa if your PR file is in process... but as you already have it it should not be any problem.. but you should be legally present in Canada.

Holding a study permit does not make you legal in Canada unless you are admitted to a study institution.... you are out of status as soon your study is over ( if not waiting for either extension or work permit) or you are fired from the institution...You should really be studying here if come on study permit and you gotta show the proof at port of entry..i.e your institution letter or fees receipt etc.. you cant just stay here with your spouse and doing nothing coming on study visa.. the intention should be study..

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
lovergirl said:
Hello
i need some expert advice on my issue
my spousal visa processing is going on and my application was recieved on june 6th 2011 . its an outland application. We havent heard back anything
my husband is a PR And we got married in India and am still waiting in india to get my papers as i have given indian address
I have my 2 yrs canadian study visa valid till end of the year . can i go to canada and stay there till i get my papers
and then come back to india when i get my papers , and finish up the process once i get the PR i can go back to canada.
is it possibe.
Thank u
You can come to Canada since you have the valid study visa but you might have to leave at the end of the year unless you can extend your study visa or transfer it to visitor visa.

Otherwise, be prepared to answer the custom's questions for your study permit. Such as what school you're going to, what are you studying, etc... I won't suggest to you to tell them you're coming for waiting PR paper when you try to entry with study permit. However, it's just my personal opinion, hope it helps.