+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Typhoon yolanda

denny303

Star Member
Oct 22, 2013
Hello all... Canada immigration put out a news release stating that anyone with application in process will be given" priority processing"... Has anyone affected by typhoon yolanda had the application prioritized ?

dollinexile

Aug 12, 2013
Manila, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 7, 2013
AOR Received.
DEC 9, 2013
File Transfer...
JAN 9, 2014
Med's Done....
OCT 2, 2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
JUNE 19, 2014 IN PROCESS: JULY 10, 2014 DM: JULY 16, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
JULY 26, 2014
LANDED..........
SEPT 16, 2014
denny303 said:
Hello all... Canada immigration put out a news release stating that anyone with application in process will be given" priority processing"... Has anyone affected by typhoon yolanda had the application prioritized ?
I dont know if they already have pinpointed people who will be given priority.. CIC states that you need to have resided on those affected areas or at least lost your home, belongings or worse a loved one in order to have your application prioritized. But observing the december outland family sponsorship thread, most of the applicants (looking at the spreadsheet) from PH had the whole AOR-FILE TRANSFER process in less than a month. I dont know if it's just coincidence or they are expediting the process for PH in general.

Either way, I'm thankful. My files are now back here in CEM MNL. How about you?

dollinexile

Aug 12, 2013
Manila, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 7, 2013
AOR Received.
DEC 9, 2013
File Transfer...
JAN 9, 2014
Med's Done....
OCT 2, 2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
JULY 26, 2014
LANDED..........
SEPT 16, 2014
Hi Denny. I was just reading a thread that I think you also started but I was logged off and I cant find it anymore. And from what I remember, you said your wife lives in Palo, Leyte? How is she doing by the way? Hope she is okay.

Like I said, yes, people from the affected areas will be given priority for their application. I think they just need to send an email to MNL VO regarding that. They have links on the CIC website which will direct you on how to go about it.

I hope the process will turn out smoothly for you and your wife. Happy Holidays. :)

denny303

Star Member
Oct 22, 2013
Hi Dollinex...
Thank you for replying.. Yes my wife survived the typhoon but lost everything including their family home.. Immigration did prioritize our application.. They requested medical, and police clearance from Hong Kong and Singapore ( my wife worked in those places in the past).... Also they requested her passport.. Everything has be completed by us but were just waiting for Singapore police clearance... I hope once immigration receives this a visa will be granted fast.

Rich

dollinexile

Aug 12, 2013
Manila, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 7, 2013
AOR Received.
DEC 9, 2013
File Transfer...
JAN 9, 2014
Med's Done....
OCT 2, 2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
JULY 26, 2014
LANDED..........
SEPT 16, 2014
denny303 said:
Hi Dollinex...
Thank you for replying.. Yes my wife survived the typhoon but lost everything including their family home.. Immigration did prioritize our application.. They requested medical, and police clearance from Hong Kong and Singapore ( my wife worked in those places in the past).... Also they requested her passport.. Everything has be completed by us but were just waiting for Singapore police clearance... I hope once immigration receives this a visa will be granted fast.

Rich
Good to know she's okay. Wow. That was fast. Hope you will be together soon. Happy New Year!

mrsjamie

Star Member
Oct 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CEManila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-jan-14
AOR Received.
28-feb-14
File Transfer...
3-mar-14
Med's Done....
28-jan-14
Hi Denny,

May I ask, if your wife have to go to singapore and honkong to get this police clearance?iIi
I have been working abroad in UAE. I am also from leyte. Palo leyte is just an hour away from Biliran leyte.
Also a yolanda victim. My husband is from BC.

Jamie

YVANNA

Mar 13, 2014
PH -- CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2011
Med's Request
15-12-2013
Med's Done....
15-01-2014
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
11-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2014
LANDED..........
14-10-2014
This is a very late reply to your inquiry, but I'll share my thoughts anyway :)

My family is from Bacolod but we were from Capiz, which was also affected by typhoon Yolanda.
We were not really directly affected by the typhoon here in Bacolod but since the embassy released that memorandum to prioritize those who were affected, naming place includung Western Visayas which we belong to, I immediately emailed the immigration. I had my reply after a day, saying that we will still submit all requirements BUT our application are definitely put in priority. They sent our medical examination request, and we took it. That was last January. Late Feb, we got the PPR :) Just sent the passports yesterday cause we had to renew it pa kasi malapit ng maexpire. We're now waiting for the passports to be returned along with the visa :)

mrsjamie

Star Member
Oct 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CEManila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-jan-14
AOR Received.
28-feb-14
File Transfer...
3-mar-14
Med's Done....
28-jan-14
YVANNA said:
This is a very late reply to your inquiry, but I'll share my thoughts anyway :)

My family is from Bacolod but we were from Capiz, which was also affected by typhoon Yolanda.
We were not really directly affected by the typhoon here in Bacolod but since the embassy released that memorandum to prioritize those who were affected, naming place includung Western Visayas which we belong to, I immediately emailed the immigration. I had my reply after a day, saying that we will still submit all requirements BUT our application are definitely put in priority. They sent our medical examination request, and we took it. That was last January. Late Feb, we got the PPR :) Just sent the passports yesterday cause we had to renew it pa kasi malapit ng maexpire. We're now waiting for the passports to be returned along with the visa :)
Thanks ivana..
Late na application namin nung january... I'm worried lang kasi wala pa kaming narerecieve any inews galing sa CEM
Ung husband ko naman inquire ng inquire sa cic before our application.
Maraming salamat

denny303

Star Member
Oct 22, 2013
MRSJAMIE
Sorry for late reply... No my wife did not have to go to Singapore and hong kong for police clearance. You can do it by mail... You need to fill out the proper paper work and have your fingerprints taken by approved place ( my wife did it at foreign affairs in manila. The police will then forward the results to canadian embassy.... Please note that they say it takes 10 days to complete but it took 3 months.. And Singapore I'm not even sure if they completed it yet as they don't answer their phone.... Another huge pain in the neck!!! My wife just recently did a follow up medical and we are waiting to hear something.... I wish you the best of luck and try to stay patient... If i can be of anymore help to you please don't hesitate to ask... We need each others support in this ridiculous process...

Rich

denny303

Star Member
Oct 22, 2013
Yvanna
Hello... Just wanted to advise you that once we completed our medical at St Lukes it took 45 days to reach cic. Then is reviewed by there Doctor and forwarded to immigration Officer. In my wifes case cic requested additional medical. So she had to go back to manila again... Now we still waiting.... Best of luck to you

YVANNA

Mar 13, 2014
PH -- CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2011
Med's Request
15-12-2013
Med's Done....
15-01-2014
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
11-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2014
LANDED..........
14-10-2014
denny303 said:
Yvanna
Hello... Just wanted to advise you that once we completed our medical at St Lukes it took 45 days to reach cic. Then is reviewed by there Doctor and forwarded to immigration Officer. In my wifes case cic requested additional medical. So she had to go back to manila again... Now we still waiting.... Best of luck to you

@denny303

Ours was this:
Medical : Jan 15, 2014
PPR: Feb 11, 2014
Decision Made: March 27
Now we're just waiting for the passports and hopefully with the visa.

In our case, the cic received our Medical after 2 weeks or so.
Gooddluck to us all :)

denny303

Star Member
Oct 22, 2013
You mean they dont tell you that visa was granted? Only decision was made? They make you wait even longer to find out if you were granted visa?

YVANNA

Mar 13, 2014
PH -- CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2011
Med's Request
15-12-2013
Med's Done....
15-01-2014
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
11-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2014
LANDED..........
14-10-2014
denny303 said:
You mean they dont tell you that visa was granted? Only decision was made? They make you wait even longer to find out if you were granted visa?
We're under Live in caregiver program.
During my mother's intervier in Canada (LC1), where she paid our landing fees, they told her that we should prepare already because they will be endorsing our visas to CEM.

But to us, LC2, they haven't told us yet. yes, only decision made.

mrsjamie

Star Member
Oct 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CEManila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-jan-14
AOR Received.
28-feb-14
File Transfer...
3-mar-14
Med's Done....
28-jan-14
denny303 said:
Hi denny how's the processing of your wife's application.? I'm just waiting for my police cert from UAE then I'm ready. I got ppr last march 28.
Hope all is well. I wish us luck....

denny303

Star Member
Oct 22, 2013
She just finish her further medical last week.. Everything else on our part is complete... Just waiting... But the other day cic sent me request foe" rights to permenent resident fee" but I already paid it in february of this year... I dont know what there doing... They never bother to reply to my emails.... I sent them the reciepts... Hope all is well with you ...