+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TWP Application from CE-Riyadh: My LMO is near expiry, what will happen?

AriesD

Apr 21, 2013
Hi guys!

This is my first time to join this forum and I have some concerns also. I am currently working here in Jeddah and I submitted my application and all original documents to CE-Riyadh. I am applying for Janitorial Services Supervisor in Alberta. Here are my chronological details:

05 Feb 2013 - Aramex picked up my documents
06 Feb 2013 - CE-Riyadh received my documents
07 Feb 2013 - My documents were returned to me with CE's comment that (1) I need to "barcode" my application form (IMM 1295) for validation
purposes; and (2) they needed an updated "Employment Letter indicating title, salary, leave dates and length of contract"
12 Feb 2013 - Resubmitted my documents to CE-Riyadh
04 Apr 2013 - I sent an email to CE-Riyadh inquiring about the status of my application since I did not receive any AOR from them; and 6 weeks had
passed already
06 Apr 2013 - CE-Riyadh sent me their reply, I quote: ["Dear Applicant, Your application is still under process. Regards, VISA Section"]

Now, my concerns are the following:

1. My LMO will expire on 05 MAY 2013. What will happen?
2. My IQAMA will expire on 08 JUNE 2013. I know I need to renew it, and it is not a problem. However, will the expiration affect the TWP/Visa processing? Will there be a way for CE-Riyadh to find out that I am still legally employed here in Jeddah?
3. I am still confused of how long the processing will take. I have read that it will take 6 weeks here in Riyadh but some says 4-6 months or 8-12 months, etc.

I hope somebody here can help me and enlighten me on these subjects. Thanks a lot!

lotus_abbey

Star Member
Apr 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My bf also sent his application in Riyadh CIC February of this year as well. That was actually his second application since his first application was refused last Nov 2012. I checked the processing times in Riyadh visa office and it shows 7 months. I wonder whether CIC Riyadh will issue a Temporary Resident Visa which allows you guys to enter the border and get the work permit therein or wait for the 7 month processing time of WP.

Keep posted and share your time line. Thanks and Good luck!