+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Two refusals!!! Russia or anyone help!

bbbb141

Jul 30, 2021
I have applied to George brown business accounting college diploma. I have a banking college from Russia and currently studying law. Applied for my visa for the first time and for refused based on “purpose of visit, current employment, job prospects in your country”. I wrote a good letter of explanation addressing the problems but only “current employment” was cleared. I believe the main reason is the choice of my program and I am thinking now to apply to a bachelors degree for business management. Anyone has or had a similar problem??? Please share!!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Did you order GCMS notes for your refusals? If not, do so. What it your education background - banking college? What is your job now, if you are studying law?

bbbb141

Jul 30, 2021
Did you order GCMS notes for your refusals? If not, do so. What it your education background - banking college? What is your job now, if you are studying law?
I am ordering them now, since I got my refusal today... yes I have a college diploma in banking and I used to work as a sailesman and then I worked in a bank but my job was temporary. My current employment situation is me being enrolled into Bachelors in law which I don’t want to pursue. Which is why I was thinking to apply for bachelors and that way it will make more sense to them and leave my university in Russia.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am ordering them now, since I got my refusal today... yes I have a college diploma in banking and I used to work as a sailesman and then I worked in a bank but my job was temporary. My current employment situation is me being enrolled into Bachelors in law which I don’t want to pursue. Which is why I was thinking to apply for bachelors and that way it will make more sense to them and leave my university in Russia.
So how will a bachelors in Canada (spending thousands of dollars) advance your career in Russia? Do you have any work experience?

CanadaZizi

Jun 25, 2021
Well the main part is that in Russia if you have any international diploma, you already have a much better job. Because it’s international, especially business related. There are barely any good courses in this country and 80% of people who have bachelors here end up working as waiters for the rest of their lives so, an international diploma will definitely be great but I also want to stay in Canada. I just need to convince the officer
I am so sorry. When did you apply? Did you get medical request?

bbbb141

Jul 30, 2021
So how will a bachelors in Canada (spending thousands of dollars) advance your career in Russia? Do you have any work experience?
Well the main part is that in Russia if you have any international diploma, you already have a much better job. Because it’s international, especially business related. There are barely any good courses in this country and 80% of people who have bachelors here end up working as waiters for the rest of their lives so, an international diploma will definitely be great but I also want to stay in Canada. I just need to convince the officer

Reactions: MZHSECA

CanadaZizi

Jun 25, 2021
First time I applied at the beginning of June, second time 13th of July. And no, you get a medical request when you are almost approved
What do you mean first time and second time? Did you apply two times and you got refusal from first time that quick?

bbbb141

Jul 30, 2021
What do you mean first time and second time? Did you apply two times and you got refusal from first time that quick?
Yes. Here is my timeline:
Beginning of June (I think it was the 5th) applied for visa
15th of June biometrics
6-8 th of July refusal.
second application on the 13th of July
Refusal yesterday. 30th of July.
do you know anyone who had similar? And I can try to think what I can do :( I know I have to order my notes, maybe there are similar cases and advices

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes. Here is my timeline:
Beginning of June (I think it was the 5th) applied for visa
15th of June biometrics
6-8 th of July refusal.
second application on the 13th of July
Refusal yesterday. 30th of July.
do you know anyone who had similar? And I can try to think what I can do :( I know I have to order my notes, maybe there are similar cases and advices
Starting to look desperate if you apply right away without addressing the reasons for refusal especially if you didn’t change programs (which don’t make sense) and not wait for GCMS notes.

bbbb141

Jul 30, 2021
Starting to look desperate if you apply right away without addressing the reasons for refusal especially if you didn’t change programs (which don’t make sense) and not wait for GCMS notes.
I worked with an agency and they were probably dumb. They didn’t tell me any of that. And I know it’s my fault that I didn’t research. But I also didn’t really know what to do and they said my explanation letter that was addressed to the problems was strong. Which is why I am asking if someone had a similar case and I will do all that properly now. I just hope that two refusals isn’t like a bad case. And it can be fixed

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I worked with an agency and they were probably dumb. They didn’t tell me any of that. And I know it’s my fault that I didn’t research. But I also didn’t really know what to do and they said my explanation letter that was addressed to the problems was strong. Which is why I am asking if someone had a similar case and I will do all that properly now. I just hope that two refusals isn’t like a bad case. And it can be fixed
It can be fixed but you need to wait for GCMS notes and then address the issues. If you didn’t change your program that may be the first step since you have a business college diploma already and are taking a law degree. The program needs to advance on your education and improve your career goals in your home country. Officers don’t believe you are a genuine student.

bbbb141

Jul 30, 2021
It can be fixed but you need to wait for GCMS notes and then address the issues. If you didn’t change your program that may be the first step since you have a business college diploma already and are taking a law degree. The program needs to advance on your education and improve your career goals in your home country. Officers don’t believe you are a genuine student.
Do you think Bachelors in Digital Business Management seems logical? Since it’s a quite unique program and there is definitely non of them in Russia. And it’s related to both banking college and law.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Do you think Bachelors in Digital Business Management seems logical? Since it’s a quite unique program and there is definitely non of them in Russia. And it’s related to both banking college and law.
Not sure what it has to do with law but your SOP will explain it. Are you looking at 2022 for admissions?

bbbb141

Jul 30, 2021
Not sure what it has to do with law but your SOP will explain it. Are you looking at 2022 for admissions?
I explained in my first letter that I took law because I wanted to understand the legal stuff in my country so I can do business. But I also want to say that I got disappointed by the course itself (which is true, I honestly regret studying it but it’s free in my country so). Yes I want to apply for January 2022 intake. Thank you for giving me hope even with these words