+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Two Questions

csmaccath

Apr 3, 2010
Greetings All,

I'm new to the board, but I've searched for answers to these questions and haven't found them. So please forgive me if I ask something there's already an answer for, and point me in the right direction if you can. =)

Question One:
I know the immigration process is a two-step thing now. An application packet goes to Sydney, NS, and then if that packet is approved, instructions are sent back to the applicant so that she can send all the requested documents to the local consulate (Buffalo, NY in my case). I don't have quite all the necessary resettlement funds saved up, but I will in six months. I was thinking that if the Sydney office doesn't need a bank statement from me, and it takes them awhile to get to my application, I could send it now. So, how long does the first step usually take?

Question Two:
I qualify under the new jobs list as a college instructor; I taught English for a community college part time for five years during the last ten year period. However, my husband is the primary wage earner. He's a computer scientist, but he doesn't have enough computer science management experience. The new jobs list seems to indicate management experience is required for qualification, but in other places on the CIC web site, this is more ambiguous. So, do any of you know whether or not a computer scientist with 10+ years of professional experience can apply under the jobs skills list without management experience? We're trying to decide which of us should be the primary applicant, you see...

Thanks so much for any help you might offer. I've been studying the Canadian immigration system for some time, and I hope to pay the help forward as we go through our application process.

Best,
Ceallaigh

bennyameh

Dec 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
Application to CIO normally takes between 2-3months to get responses from them.
For the FSW ,you should be able to display or have managerial experience in order to qualify.
Good luck
Benny

csmaccath

Apr 3, 2010
You rock!

And then, once the response comes back, you get 120 days to file all the paperwork with the consulate, right?

Best,
Ceallaigh

bennyameh

Dec 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
csmaccath said:
You rock!

And then, once the response comes back, you get 120 days to file all the paperwork with the consulate, right?

Best,
Ceallaigh
Yes