+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Two questions: OWP & Medical

Shipdem

Sep 22, 2013
Hey guys,

I've applied as a sponsor for my husband that lives with me in Canada. Our application has been received and my sponsorship evaluation has been in progress since Jan 23 2014. We didn't submit a medical exam because we thought we'd wait until closer to time of request and we also didn't submit an Open Work Permit application due to...well...lack of knowledge.

Should we do the medical exam on our own before it being requested by CIC? Or wait for them to request?

Also, will the fact that we didn't submit the OWP make the wait time longer? As we will have to submit when we get AIP correct?

Any help is appreciated.

smueller

Apr 17, 2012
Hi,
I received my 1st. stage of approval on January 27, 2014 after the submittal on May 2, 2013. . I had submitted all documents including medical, police clearances, etc. My application for OWP was returned and the money was refunded, as they no longer process the owp at the same time. I send my application for OWP again in on Feb 21 and expect it to arrive very soon.
I would wait for the request to send your medical, as they give you a reasonable time to submit it and you can send it with their request letter.
The current time line still reads 8 months inland application processing time from phase 1 to 2.
Best of luck to you both.