+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Two positions within the same company with the same NOC

SagiCZ

Jan 7, 2016
Hi,

so I have worked in two positions within my current company. One called Junior Software Developer and the other called Software Developer. I am pretty sure I can get just one reference letter for both.

My question is regarding the APR. I have already got ITA and I filled just one position spanning the time of both position with this title:
(Junior) Software Developer

Therefore I have just one slot to upload the reference letter. Is this okay or should I separate the positions into two? It is for CEC so I thought keeping the positions together would be better.

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
SagiCZ said:
Hi,

so I have worked in two positions within my current company. One called Junior Software Developer and the other called Software Developer. I am pretty sure I can get just one reference letter for both.

My question is regarding the APR. I have already got ITA and I filled just one position spanning the time of both position with this title:
(Junior) Software Developer

Therefore I have just one slot to upload the reference letter. Is this okay or should I separate the positions into two? It is for CEC so I thought keeping the positions together would be better.
You can use two different slots to mention each position.
Of course, a single reference letter will suffice the purpose since you have worked for only one employer.

SagiCZ

Jan 7, 2016
I know I can but would it be wise to split the positions now after being invited? Wouldn't it flag is as a change and cause some delays?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1 - If the only distinction between your positions is the title then just leave it in one slot
2 - If you want two slots make sure the duties and responsibilities match the NOC that you've chosen
3 - It won't cause delays
4 - Write a LOE regarding the fact that you're still working for the same company but that you have a new position. Also, explain that you made this change post-ITA to make sure that they properly match your duties/responsabilites/salary/etc

Cheers ;)