+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Two PG diplomas of 8 months each (2+2 Sem)

fahad123

Sep 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
May i have your kind attention my friends
I am almost thinking the same. I have 4 years student visa and i am already in Canada.
There is a 12 months certificate program in a college and after that i would like to do one more certificate program. Now 12+12= 2 years of study = 3 years PGWP ??
Can i use my study permit for these certificate courses ?? OR i will have to apply for a new study permit after i complete first certificate ?? Why i am asking this because after i inform CIC about change of program than my study permit will expire within 90 days after completion of course. So whats my position ? Can someone guide me please.

sneha_applyjan15

Star Member
Aug 2, 2014
hey anuj,

they usually grant work permit depending upon a lot of factors so none can grantee a 3 year work permit.

Like , personally my course duration was two years but completed in 1.5 years but i still received a 3 year work permit. Dont believe these consultants like Chopras because they get commission :D when you join two one year program.

gopinath21

Star Member
Aug 2, 2014
Anuj Bro,

You will get a 2 year work permit after 1 year PG diploma + 1 year PG diploma.

But, you will get a 3 year work permit after 1 year PG diploma + 1 year masters

anujgupta84

Sep 12, 2014
@sneha_applyjan15: I know that they get commission from our fee but that's a part of their job ... I would not complain if I get correct information from them at a reasonable cost...

@gopinath21: Which college offers 1 year Masters?

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sneha_applyjan15 said:
hey anuj,

they usually grant work permit depending upon a lot of factors so none can grantee a 3 year work permit.

Like , personally my course duration was two years but completed in 1.5 years but i still received a 3 year work permit. Dont believe these consultants like Chopras because they get commission :D when you join two one year program.
2 years of course doesn't mean that it should be 24 months. Even 14, 16 and 18 months are also considered as 2 years of course.
Yeah but I know some of my friends, they did 1 year of course of Bio tech in Toronto and they got 3 years of work- permit.

anujgupta84

Sep 12, 2014
@God of War: Since, his course was Bio-tech related, he got 3 years PGWP. But I think, the more common courses pertaining to Business and Marketing would not be considered as exceptions. Also, one cannot risk applying for Work permit just after one year of study as, one cannot later opt for study visa again, if the duration of WP that one got was not 3 years ... Isn't it?

gosanket

Jul 24, 2014
anujgupta84 said:
@ God of War: Since, his course was Bio-tech related, he got 3 years PGWP. But I think, the more common courses pertaining to Business and Marketing would not be considered as exceptions. Also, one cannot risk applying for Work permit just after one year of study as, one cannot later opt for study visa again, if the duration of WP that one got was not 3 years ... Isn't it?
W
Hey Anuj, what if one considers 1 year pgd on Construction management and another 1 year pgd in similar fields? Can it still fetch me 3 years PGWP?

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gosanket said:
W
Hey Anuj, what if one considers 1 year pgd on Construction management and another 1 year pgd in similar fields? Can it still fetch me 3 years PGWP?
Work permit depends not only on duration of studies but it also depends on your credit hours of subjects you are taking in your course. Suppose you took 2 years of course and you didn't get enough credit hours. then it can affect your WP duration took. But remember there is exception in every case, as i mentioned earlier too , in bio-tech my friend got 3 years of WP tho his course was of 1 year.