+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Two PG diplomas of 8 months each (2+2 Sem)

anujgupta84

Sep 12, 2014
Hi ... I want some clarity on Post Study Work permit for 2015.
If I complete two consecutive PG Diplomas from Canada, (Jan '15 to Aug '15 and then Sep '15 to Apr '16) each of 8 months duration, will I be able/eligible to apply for 3 years of Post Study Work permit?

Please share the official web link as well.

Regards ..

oswaldz

Oct 1, 2013
Canada
Category........
QSW
App. Filed.......
to be filed
Passport Req..
27 November 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 November 2015
LANDED..........
15 December 2015
Jasleen44 said:
Please Reply guys. I too have a same question
Visit cic website. It is clearly written u get PGWP of your duration of course length. May be you 1.5 years of work permit in your case. 4 year duration course students are eligible for 3 years work permit. Some other may too but depends on course.

anujgupta84

Sep 12, 2014
Hi Oswaldz... I have seen this information on the CIC website .. But what the consultants at The Chopra's told me is different ... They said that after your 2 PG Diplomas each of 8 months, I would get 3 years PGWP .. This statement was confirmed by one of the Canadian College delegate, that visited their center...
Hence, the confusion ... :(

Please advise!

oswaldz

Oct 1, 2013
Canada
Category........
QSW
App. Filed.......
to be filed
Passport Req..
27 November 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 November 2015
LANDED..........
15 December 2015
anujgupta84 said:
Hi Oswaldz... I have seen this information on the CIC website .. But what the consultants at The Chopra's told me is different ... They said that after your 2 PG Diplomas each of 8 months, I would get 3 years PGWP .. This statement was confirmed by one of the Canadian College delegate, that visited their center...
Hence, the confusion ... :(

Please advise!
No matter how longer your get your WP. Just make sure that you are able to extend it later on. Ask this too from your consultant. Also you may consult any seniors there who have been through similar/same course and got visas

MNM2014

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
anujgupta84 said:
Hi ... I want some clarity on Post Study Work permit for 2015.
If I complete two consecutive PG Diplomas from Canada, (Jan '15 to Aug '15 and then Sep '15 to Apr '16) each of 8 months duration, will I be able/eligible to apply for 3 years of Post Study Work permit?

Please share the official web link as well.

Regards ..
Hey Dude.

As per my understanding, you can not apply for new student visa from canada as an EXTENSION. This will be a fresh visa, and will consider your last graduated PGD course while applying your PSW permit.

Please make sure of it before you decide.

It will be safer to join 2 year PGD Course if you emphasize on 3 year PSW permit.

MNM2014

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
Also, note that if you avail the psw permit once, you will not be granted PSW (Post Study Work) permit later even if you join a 2 year program.

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MNM2014 said:
Hey Dude.

As per my understanding, you can not apply for new student visa from canada as an EXTENSION. This will be a fresh visa, and will consider your last graduated PGD course while applying your PSW permit.

It will be safer to join 2 year PGD Course if you emphasize on 3 year PSW permit.
My friend did the same thing. He has completed 2 different diploma courses in 2 provinces and he got 3 years of work permit.

luvly3

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
MNM2014 said:
Hey Dude.

hi, ur understanding isn't correct, he can apply for study permit extension from inside Canada before d first one expires and it's quite easy people do it all d time....I think it's better to do 2 diff post grad diplomas instead of doing just one for 2 yrs...With 2 pgds you have 2 diff set of skills and certificate added to ur CV which makes you more marketable...

MNM2014

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
luvly3 said:
MNM2014 said:
hi, ur understanding isn't correct, he can apply for study permit extension from inside Canada before d first one expires and it's quite easy people do it all d time....I think it's better to do 2 diff post grad diplomas instead of doing just one for 2 yrs...With 2 pgds you have 2 diff set of skills and certificate added to ur CV which makes you more marketable...
Sounds good. In this case, make sure the two PG Diplomas are 1 year each [1+1 year of diplomas = 3 years of PSW permit]

MNM2014

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
Also, note that if you avail the psw permit once, you will not be granted PSW (Post Study Work) permit later even if you join a 2 year program / new PG Diploma course.

Good Luck!