+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Two or more degrees option gone? e-APR

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Mishkawy said:
Oh I am sorry, I think I misunderstood.
I did not apply for PR yet, I am still waiting in the Express Entry pool. So I checked the forms and my Express Entry profile score and everything was the same.
I guess you guys are talking about a different thing.
Could you please log in to your application and check the entries in the education history section? Please report back if you still have "two or more.." selected there and if the option is still available in the drop-down menu.

Thanks.

Jul 11, 2016
I updated the blank fields with individual selections of my education yesterday. It got updated today and I got the points I was expecting, I guess the new system has a way to do the calculations correctly regardless of the change.

Mishkawy

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
johnjkjk said:
Could you please log in to your application and check the entries in the education history section? Please report back if you still have "two or more.." selected there and if the option is still available in the drop-down menu.

Thanks.
Hi,

I logged in again now to check this for you, but there is a bug in my account which happens every day a few times.
I log in and then find that everything in my account is gone, no information and no applications.
I have to wait a while before the information is back.

What I remember is that the scores are not affected, and when I open my application and go to Education History, I scroll down and I find two entries one for each degree that I have. (But if I remember correctly, it was always like that from the beginning).
When the account is back up and running, I will check the drop down menu and will report back here.

Thanks,
Kareem

Mishkawy

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey,

I am still unable to login to my account because of the great website issues I am facing.
In the mean time, I found this.

anumqureshi

Oct 20, 2016
Hi

Even I am unable to see that option. I can see why they did that but there will be a difference now in what we had selected in our express entry and the PR application.

@johnjkjk can you please give me a brief of what you wrote in the technical report so I can mention the same in mine?

I dont think they will penalize us for a change they made but LOE is probably a good option.

pr_s

Oct 30, 2016
Well, to my surprise, the option for selecting two or more degrees is no longer there, ECA tab is blank and only thing we can do is now select bachelor's !!!!!
I wish i shouldn't have signed in ! its getting me worried now !
Any one updated it and got there updated scores?

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
pr_s said:
Well, to my surprise, the option for selecting two or more degrees is no longer there, ECA tab is blank and only thing we can do is now select bachelor's !!!!!
I wish i shouldn't have signed in ! its getting me worried now !
Any one updated it and got there updated scores?
Some people have reported that they have got the correct score after updating to the individual qualifications per entry. It seems that the system can now figure out that you have "two or more" based on your individual entries.

olipearce1987

Feb 22, 2016
i updated mine and it still calculates as two or more! this also removes a number of questions e.g when to choose two or more, as if you put in what your overall summary says on the ECA report, it calculates by itself :)

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
anumqureshi said:
Hi

Even I am unable to see that option. I can see why they did that but there will be a difference now in what we had selected in our express entry and the PR application.

@johnjkjk can you please give me a brief of what you wrote in the technical report so I can mention the same in mine?

I dont think they will penalize us for a change they made but LOE is probably a good option.
I can't copy the text for some reason. You can write a few lines to explain how the "two or more certificates" entry in the drop down list in education/personal history has gone and the field has gone blank.

Meanwhile a few others have confirmed that they are getting 128 points after selecting the individual options. It's best to include a brief note in LoE regarding this.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
olipearce1987 said:
i updated mine and it still calculates as two or more! this also removes a number of questions e.g when to choose two or more, as if you put in what your overall summary says on the ECA report, it calculates by itself :)
Thanks for confirming. I've just updated mine and my points remained the same.

Nevertheless it's a good idea for all affected to include a note in LoE.

Mishkawy

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am confused, are you guys talking about Xanadian education or are you talking about foreign education?
Also are you talking about your normal express entry profile that is waiting in the pool?

pats2177

Star Member
Dec 21, 2012
PUNE
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

Even my Express entry profile expired last week and I went to create a new one yesterday. To my surprise as well, the two or more degrees option is gone. However, my case is a little twisted. I have a post graduate diploma and a bachelors degree of 3 years. The first education entry is fine and I have selected it as Bachelors. But for the second education entry where earlier I had selected 'two or more degrees', should I select Bachelors? Coz its actually not Bachelors, its a one year diploma course after Bachelors and my ECA report states the same. Please help!

Regards,
P

Pawshi

Apr 2, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016
I am also facing the same issue. After reading this post, I checked my account. Went to education section - it was displaying as in-progress. Though, it was submitted before Nov 19 changes, it has become in-progress post Nov 19. I have got two bachelors listed in this section. In both the bachelors, two or more degrees option has gone away. It is bachelor/master/PHD. So for both of the bachelors, I have selected the bachelor degree and tried to submit it again. But, it is not taking it. The application is saying that it can not be submitted.

Strange.

Thank you,
Pawshi

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Pawshi said:
I am also facing the same issue. After reading this post, I checked my account. Went to education section - it was displaying as in-progress. Though, it was submitted before Nov 19 changes, it has become in-progress post Nov 19. I have got two bachelors listed in this section. In both the bachelors, two or more degrees option has gone away. It is bachelor/master/PHD. So for both of the bachelors, I have selected the bachelor degree and tried to submit it again. But, it is not taking it. The application is saying that it can not be submitted.

Strange.

Thank you,
Pawshi
If you submitted it before the change you needn't worry. They will have recorded that you have two degrees.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
pats2177 said:
Hello All,

Even my Express entry profile expired last week and I went to create a new one yesterday. To my surprise as well, the two or more degrees option is gone. However, my case is a little twisted. I have a post graduate diploma and a bachelors degree of 3 years. The first education entry is fine and I have selected it as Bachelors. But for the second education entry where earlier I had selected 'two or more degrees', should I select Bachelors? Coz its actually not Bachelors, its a one year diploma course after Bachelors and my ECA report states the same. Please help!

Regards,
P
Hi you can select as per the actual course and what is given in ECA. i.e. for Bachelors, select 3 or more and for postgrad diploma you will select the one year option.