+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TWO OR MORE CERTIFICATES, DIPLOMAS OR DEGREES...

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Dear All,

Need a clarification on the following point please,

I just received my report which is stating Canadian Equivalency Summary of "Bachelor's Degree (four years)". However, I provided the following two degrees, and was expecting an evaluation of "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years":

1- Member of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants - Individually assessed as "Bachelor's degree (four years)" in the same report.

2- Bachelor of Science - Individually assessed as "Bachelor's degree (four years)"in the same report.

Can you please let me know, what went wrong and if anything needed from my side to get this evaluation of both degree.

Best regards,
Hi,

There is nothing wrong here. The summary only states your highest level of education, so even if you had 20 bachelors degrees it would say the same thing. Therefore, you should select "two or more certificate..." in you EE profile.

Regards

AliSaleem

Apr 19, 2017
Hi,

There is nothing wrong here. The summary only states your highest level of education, so even if you had 20 bachelors degrees it would say the same thing. Therefore, you should select "two or more certificate..." in you EE profile.

Regards
Many thanks TanakaM.. It's a great help at the moment..

synurge

Apr 1, 2017
Hi All,

I got my ECA Report

I have a Bachelors in Commerce &
an Masters in Information Management (3 years but Part Time)

The ECA report from WES gave me a Bachelors (3/4 years) and Post Graduate Diploma.

Now my query is as per the http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp I should be selecting 2 or more certificates, diplomas but I cannot see that option after I have selected and inputted the ECA report details.

The drop down has everything but this exact option

Any help would be highly appreciated.

gotodxb

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
30-08-2017
Passport Req..
29-09-2017
LANDED..........
25-10-2017
Hi All,

I got my ECA Report

I have a Bachelors in Commerce &
an Masters in Information Management (3 years but Part Time)

The ECA report from WES gave me a Bachelors (3/4 years) and Post Graduate Diploma.

Now my query is as per the http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp I should be selecting 2 or more certificates, diplomas but I cannot see that option after I have selected and inputted the ECA report details.

The drop down has everything but this exact option

Any help would be highly appreciated.
Update individual degree record for Bachelor and Master and select appropriate Canadian Equivalency from ECA report. and update ECA Report# .. CIC will automatically calculate points for Two or more degrees ..

synurge

Apr 1, 2017
Update individual degree record for Bachelor and Master and select appropriate Canadian Equivalency from ECA report. and update ECA Report# .. CIC will automatically calculate points for Two or more degrees ..
Thats the question of Equivalency... as per ECA report I should use "One or more certificates...." but I do not see that option.

Are you saying, I can select the closest and CA will give me the correct points ? Sorry for asking again.

Regards

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Thats the question of Equivalency... as per ECA report I should use "One or more certificates...." but I do not see that option.

Are you saying, I can select the closest and CA will give me the correct points ? Sorry for asking again.

Regards
Hi,

What @gotodxb is saying is that the option you are looking for does not exist. You must enter your records as follows:

1) Post Graduate Diploma (enter all the required details)
2) Bachelors in Commerce (enter all the required details)

The system will note that you have entered two post-secondary qualifications and automatically give you the points you deserve.

I hope that makes it clear.

All the best

Sir KP

May 31, 2017
HI tanaka,
i have same case, two degrees both mentioned as bachelor (04 years) Canadian equivalency also states 04 years bachelor degree.

is this a two degree or one while we create profile ?

Kr,

4RyL

Jun 6, 2017
Hello, when completing the EE, do you enter all your qualifications/educational history or only the ones I have the ECA report for. I have a bachelors and masters all from outside Canada but I have the ECA report only for the masters. Please advise

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
HI tanaka,
i have same case, two degrees both mentioned as bachelor (04 years) Canadian equivalency also states 04 years bachelor degree.

is this a two degree or one while we create profile ?

Kr,
Hi,

It's clearly two degree. So you enter them separately. The system will automatically give points "for two or more degrees."

All the best

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hello, when completing the EE, do you enter all your qualifications/educational history or only the ones I have the ECA report for. I have a bachelors and masters all from outside Canada but I have the ECA report only for the masters. Please advise
Hi,

You only enter the ones you have an ECA for. The system will give you point for your highest qualification, so just your masters will do.

All the best

Reactions: 4RyL

mytimet

Star Member
Feb 26, 2017
Hi with the WES evaluation reading completion of a college level certificate (one semester). Then the explanation from EE states that:

One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute

ECA assessment results:

• College Certificate
  • Completion of College-level certificate
  • University Certificate
  • University Diploma
  • One-year certificate in [name of discipline]
  • Post-secondary certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • One-year Post-secondary certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • One-year certificate
My question is can I select the one-year degree diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute

gotodxb

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
30-08-2017
Passport Req..
29-09-2017
LANDED..........
25-10-2017
Hi with the WES evaluation reading completion of a college level certificate (one semester). Then the explanation from EE states that:

One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute

ECA assessment results:

• College Certificate
  • Completion of College-level certificate
  • University Certificate
  • University Diploma
  • One-year certificate in [name of discipline]
  • Post-secondary certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • One-year Post-secondary certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • One-year certificate
My question is can I select the one-year degree diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
Yes, provided your ECA report mentions Canadian equivalency and it says from "recognized institution"..

mytimet

Star Member
Feb 26, 2017
Yes, provided your ECA report mentions Canadian equivalency and it says from "recognized institution"..
Thank you very. much yes it does. So I can safely select this and it will be accepted and when I submit my ECA CIC will not have a problem seeing the completion of a college level certificate (one semester)

Sorry to be repeating its just I want to be sure, I've been having this question since January and I dont want to make a mistake here

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Thank you very. much yes it does. So I can safely select this and it will be accepted and when I submit my ECA CIC will not have a problem seeing the completion of a college level certificate (one semester)

Sorry to be repeating its just I want to be sure, I've been having this question since January and I dont want to make a mistake here
No,you can't. It clearly says one semester on your ECA, so you can not claim points for this. You need a course of at least one year to claim points.

Regards