+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees.. Batchelor's

eduardozanela

Jan 3, 2018
Brazil
NOC Code......
Credential 1)
Post Secondary school diploma (technician diploma 3 years or 2000 hours)

So the first one I started when I was in High School, but I finish it after I already was graduated from high school, does it count as a post secondary?

Credential 2)
Bachelor's degree IT (3 years)

Do i qualify for "two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees" ?

If not why ?

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Credential 1)
Post Secondary school diploma (technician diploma 3 years or 2000 hours)

So the first one I started when I was in High School, but I finish it after I already was graduated from high school, does it count as a post secondary?

Credential 2)
Bachelor's degree IT (3 years)

Do i qualify for "two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees" ?

If not why ?
Have a look at the following rules-
Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.
Important notice: One must be for a program of three or more years.

ECA assessment results:

A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree

PLUS any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school), or:
  • Post-Bachelor's Certificate
  • Post-undergraduate certificate
  • Post-Bachelor's Diploma
  • Post-undergraduate diploma
  • Graduate Certificate
  • Graduate Certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Postgraduate certificate
  • Postgraduate Diploma
  • Graduate Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Graduate diploma
  • two-year Postgraduate Diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
  • two-year Bachelor’s after degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • one-year Postgraduate Certificate in [name of discipline]
  • Dual Bachelor’s degree (four years)
source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/education-assessed/read-report.html

As you can see, your post secondary school diploma does not fit to the above criteria, You cannot claim "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees" points. You only can claim 3 years bachelor's degree points.
Hope it helps, Good Luck!

gboladiran

Sep 24, 2017
Have a look at the following rules-
Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.
Important notice: One must be for a program of three or more years.

ECA assessment results:

A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree

PLUS any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school), or:
  • Post-Bachelor's Certificate
  • Post-undergraduate certificate
  • Post-Bachelor's Diploma
  • Post-undergraduate diploma
  • Graduate Certificate
  • Graduate Certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Postgraduate Diploma
  • Graduate Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Graduate diploma
  • two-year Postgraduate Diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
  • two-year Bachelor’s after degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • one-year Postgraduate Certificate in [name of discipline]
  • Dual Bachelor’s degree (four years)
source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/education-assessed/read-report.html

As you can see, your post secondary school diploma does not fit to the above criteria, You cannot claim "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees" points. You only can claim 3 years bachelor's degree points.
Hope it helps, Good Luck!
I have a Bachelor degree in Political science (4years)
I am currently working in the aviation industry and possess a Flight Dispatcher License which is a requirement for my job function.

Do I qualify for the Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees?

Thank you for your response

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
I have a Bachelor degree in Political science (4years)
I am currently working in the aviation industry and possess a Flight Dispatcher License which is a requirement for my job function.

Do I qualify for the Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees?

Thank you for your response
You need to get your educational credentials assessed by one of the authorized organizations such as WES first. Only then you would know which category points you can claim. Please ignore my post in this thread. I have posted it when I was relatively uninformed about the process. Please go through the following post for detailed explanation about education points in Express Entry.
ECA Report: Two or more diploma or degree option

waqarhaider

Jun 10, 2018
Hello guys, I need help..

I have done Bachelors of Commerce (2 years) and then Masters in Business Administration (3 years). Is my level of education applicable to "Two or more Certificates, diplomas or degrees. One must be for a program of three years or more" ?

ammoldhingra

Jun 2, 2018
Hi, I hold a 3 year's Bachelors degree from Mumbai University. The WES equivalency tool also states my bachelor's degree as 3 years bachelors degree. However, in order to increase my CRS score, I was planning to enroll myself in a One Year Post Graduate Diploma course by UGC recognized university. I wanted to know whether I will be eligible for two or more certificates after completing my One year PG Diploma? I wanted to know whether together my 3 years bachelor's degree and one year Post Graduate Diploma will be considered as two separate degrees or Four-year bachelors by WES?
Please help me as soon as possible as I have to enroll myself into the program if this works.
Thanks.

chemistesa

Star Member
Feb 10, 2017
Dear all,
Can anybody help me understand what exactly this qualification means?
two-year Bachelor’s after degree with a focus in [area of concentration]

I have a bachelors degree (4 years) and plus two years of study in another bachelor degree program, but do not have a degree for that. I wonder if I can claim ''two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees'' with this.

Do you have any idea?

Thanks.

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hello guys, I need help..

I have done Bachelors of Commerce (2 years) and then Masters in Business Administration (3 years). Is my level of education applicable to "Two or more Certificates, diplomas or degrees. One must be for a program of three years or more" ?
Hi, I hold a 3 year's Bachelors degree from Mumbai University. The WES equivalency tool also states my bachelor's degree as 3 years bachelors degree. However, in order to increase my CRS score, I was planning to enroll myself in a One Year Post Graduate Diploma course by UGC recognized university. I wanted to know whether I will be eligible for two or more certificates after completing my One year PG Diploma? I wanted to know whether together my 3 years bachelor's degree and one year Post Graduate Diploma will be considered as two separate degrees or Four-year bachelors by WES?
Please help me as soon as possible as I have to enroll myself into the program if this works.
Thanks.
Dear all,
Can anybody help me understand what exactly this qualification means?
two-year Bachelor’s after degree with a focus in [area of concentration]

I have a bachelors degree (4 years) and plus two years of study in another bachelor degree program, but do not have a degree for that. I wonder if I can claim ''two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees'' with this.

Do you have any idea?

Thanks.
Read the whole thread
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/two-or-more-certificates-degrees-or-diploma-lets-get-it-sorted.560332/

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Thanks for your reply mate. But I could not find the answer I am looking for in that page either.
I asked you to read the whole thread, your answer is on the second comment i made. Little more effort would have saved your time and relax your mind. All my posts got official IRCC links so you can cross check them. Anyways I am copying it for you-

Two or more post-secondary credentials (three-year or longer post-secondary credential required)

Designated organizations assessment outcomes
A three-year or longer post-secondary credential in combination with any of the post secondary educational credentials listed below. This excludes secondary school credentials.

Post-secondary educational credentials could also include post-baccalaureate or post-graduate credentials as follows:
  • Post-bachelor’s certificate
  • Post-undergraduate certificateFootnotei
  • Post-bachelor’s diploma
  • Post-undergraduate diplomaFootnotei
  • Graduate certificate
  • Graduate certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]Footnotei
  • Postgraduate diploma
  • Graduate diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]Footnotei
  • Graduate diplomaFootnotei
  • Two-year postgraduate diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
  • Two-year bachelor’s degree after a degree with a focus in [area of concentration]Footnotei
  • One-year postgraduate certificate in [name of discipline]
  • One-year of graduate study with a focus in [area of concentration]Footnotei
  • Study toward a master’s degree

If you click on the "Footnotei" then you will be redirected to a page where you will see only ICES and IQAS can evaluate such degrees. WES normally does not put duration of the program hence it becomes unusable.

"This equivalency assessment outcome applies to reports issued by either the International Credential Evaluation Service (ICES), British Columbia Institute of Technology, or the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS), Government of Alberta. These designated organizations provide equivalency assessment outcomes in English only."

You also can use this official link to check your Level of education, your credential mentioned in page 15-
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/education-assessed/read-report.html

You need an ECA report where they mention "bachelors degree (4 years)"and "two-year Bachelor’s after degree with a focus in [area of concentration]" equivalency. Then you can select "two or more degree..." in "Come to Canada" tool and list your credentials separately in EE profile and submit. System will count your points and award you points automatically.

Hope it clears your doubt. Good Luck!