+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Two or More Certificates, Degrees or Diploma - Let's Get it Sorted

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Hi! Thanks for the detailed info on the topic. As you mentioned, there is not "two or more certificates, degree" option on the EE application but there is one on the CRS Tool page. My ECA Evaluation was:

Dual Bachelor's Degree (four years)

and the only option I see on my EE application is "Bachelor's degree OR a three or more year plan" but that won't get me the score that I got on the CRS Tool page. How should I add this info on my EE profile?
Unfortunately Dual Bachelor's Degree (four years) will not be considered as Two or more degrees. It will be a Bachelor degree only. From where did you get your ECA done and what degrees do you have?

Deepsinfo

Jul 24, 2021
Guys, i have a unique problem.

I have completed B.sc Psychology (open university) from Annamalai university and have verified the results through WES which states that its a 3 year degree as per CA. when i took the admission, eligibility was not 12th but 10th so i went ahead and completed it. That means, for more context i had 10+3 till this point. But now the university says to pursue or take admission in P.G. courses its not eligible and one needs to have 10+2+3 pattern. so I recently completed 12th which made my education pattern 10+3+2 and tried seeking admission in a PG course but now they say that they need me do a 3 year course again after the 12th. Since i am in my early 30s, I am losing points in the CRS system each year. So time is of the essence for me. University is not allowing me to get an admission in PG course because they want the degree to come after the 12th. so because of this roadblock i am left with no option except a diploma course.

I'm thinking of applying to a Diploma course (not a PG) of one year which is also offered by Annamalai university but has an eligibility requirement of 12th only. My Question is, can i do this diploma and be eligible for the "Two or more degrees, diplomas" Points? since its meant for students after passing higher secondary only.

I know this is a weird question and my academic path has been strange but I am stuck now, Please help!

Tulsi

Oct 19, 2019
Dear experts,

I have completed my 3 years Aircraft maintenance engineering course ( enrolled in 2017 - completed in 2020).Since it was a license course ,and considered as 3 yrs diploma course after +2.

After one year i.e on 2018 I enrolled for bachelor program via distance mode and get it completed on 2021 (3 yrs ) . In this circumstances will I be able to get points of 2 or more degree /diploma /trade certificate score on CRS score calculator for express entry?

Tulsi

Oct 19, 2019
Dear experts,

I have completed my 3 years Aircraft maintenance engineering course ( enrolled in 2017 - completed in 2020).Since it was a license course ,and considered as 3 yrs diploma course after +2.

After one year i.e on 2018 I enrolled for bachelor program via distance mode and get it completed on 2021 (3 yrs ) . In this circumstances will I be able to get points of 2 or more degree /diploma /trade certificate score on CRS score calculator for express entry?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Dear experts,

Please don’t spam multiple times with same question. Already answered you.

lxsunrain

Apr 7, 2020
Hi everyone, I am stuck on a similar question about Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.
I graduated from a university in Ontario with bachelor degree (4 years) and currently working with PGWP. I am also studying in a part-time certificate program in a college in Toronto. The certificate I am learning is not Graduate Certificate or Diploma, it is shown as College Certificate on the college website and allows me to study with part-time situation. I am wondering when I finish the certificate program, can I claim for my education as Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees? One bachelor degree plus a college certificate?

sbali

Jan 13, 2023
Hi everyone, I am stuck on a similar question about Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.
I graduated from a university in Ontario with bachelor degree (4 years) and currently working with PGWP. I am also studying in a part-time certificate program in a college in Toronto. The certificate I am learning is not Graduate Certificate or Diploma, it is shown as College Certificate on the college website and allows me to study with part-time situation. I am wondering when I finish the certificate program, can I claim for my education as Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees? One bachelor degree plus a college certificate?
It has to be one year duration

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
How long is the program? Do you have a study permit?

lxsunrain

Apr 7, 2020
So you need a study permit to study in Canada if more than 6 months. What does your PGWP state? Usually, it states you cannot study unless you have a study permit.
I was not asked to apply for a study permit when registering for this certificate. But I asked a friend with same question, she is already from a graduate certificate program without study permit and get extra score in CEC. What makes me feel confused is mine is not graduate certficate, it is just shown as certificate of achievement on the website. It is a certificate under a college continuing education page

Lalikm

Nov 10, 2023
Hi, I have completed BCS Certificate Level, BCS Diploma level, BCS Certificate level. In my WES report, it asses all three diplomas separately.
As you can see in this WES report

BCS Certificate level is equal to 1 year College level certificate
BCS Diploma level is equal to 2 year Canadian Diploma
BCS Professional Graduate Diploma is equal to 3 year Canadian Diploma

So in the Canadian Equivalency summary, it shows as
Completion of a college level certificate (1 year), diploma (2 years), diploma (3 years)

Does this mean I can add three of these credentials separately in Express Entry education? I think I can get more points as the WES report shows I have completed multiple diplomas and one being more than or equal to 3 years. Appreciate your help. Thank you so much