+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Two or More Certificates, Degrees or Diploma - Let's Get it Sorted

IvanaCo

Star Member
Aug 10, 2019
Dubai
NOC Code......
there is no possibility to be counted as two or more? both credentials are recognised and fit in 'at least 1 of the credentials must be for a program of 3 or more years in length'

hss2

Jul 19, 2018
there is no possibility to be counted as two or more? both credentials are recognised and fit in 'at least 1 of the credentials must be for a program of 3 or more years in length'
Im really sorry even im confused regarding same. I would suggest you to check how "Two or more Certificate" is mentioned on ECA reports. Is it mentioned in summary or is it the way it is mentioned in your report. I have asked the same question in few other threads. I will share it as soon i learn more about it. Would request you also to do the same.

Samy1304

Jun 15, 2021
Hi. My educational qualifications are
BCom (3 years)
Bachelor of Laws (3 years)
Company Secretary (2012 to 2015)

Want clarification, whether one of my degree be considered by WES as "Bachelors degree" or will it be considered as "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years"

Please help.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi. My educational qualifications are
BCom (3 years)
Bachelor of Laws (3 years)
Company Secretary (2012 to 2015)

Want clarification, whether one of my degree be considered by WES as "Bachelors degree" or will it be considered as "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years"

Please help.
So what does the ECA state? If one of those degrees is assessed as at least a 3 year degree and the other at least one year, then you can select two or more. You will only know when you apply.

Samy1304

Jun 15, 2021
So what does the ECA state? If one of those degrees is assessed as at least a 3 year degree and the other at least one year, then you can select two or more. You will only know when you apply.
Thank you for your response. Which ECA body is better for evaluation?

adesheddie

Jun 26, 2021
Hello all, I am having 2 year post secondary diploma, and after that a 3 year degree.
Am I eligible for the two or more certificates or not?
Some agents told me that the diploma has to be a PG diploma, is that true ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello all, I am having 2 year post secondary diploma, and after that a 3 year degree.
Am I eligible for the two or more certificates or not?
Some agents told me that the diploma has to be a PG diploma, is that true ?
If you have your ECAs state, 3 year degree and another as at least 2 year diploma then yes.

hss2

Jul 19, 2018
Can you share the source for "the other at least one year"

nhl26

Jul 8, 2021
Delhi
Category........
FSW
Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees

So lately there has been a lot of confusion about the option to choose "Two or more degrees, diploma" in the CRS Calculator. Many people are worried if their qualification comes under this. So lets get it sorted out for once and all.

First of all, when you create an Express Entry profile, there is no such option of selecting "two or more degrees, diplomas" in the Education section. In the EE profile, you just need to enter each of your qualifications, as per ECA. Once you enter all the details, the system calculates the points for Education and Skill Transfer-ability factor, on its own, using this data. So just enter the details as per the ECA and the points will be calculated.

But some people want to know, before creating the EE profile, whether they can claim points for two or more degrees, diplomas.

In that case, first get an ECA for your educational qualifications. Without an ECA, its hard to predict whether you will be eligible to claim points for two or more degrees. Once you have the ECA, please refer to the following link and if your ECA equivalency is mentioned there, you are eligible:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/education-assessed/read-report.html

Many people get confused with the wordings in the above link, where it mentions:

Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.
Important notice: One must be for a program of three or more years.

ECA assessment results:

A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree

PLUS any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school), or:
  • Post-Bachelor's Certificate
  • Post-undergraduate certificate
  • Post-Bachelor's Diploma
  • Post-undergraduate diploma
  • Graduate Certificate
  • Graduate Certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Postgraduate certificate
  • Postgraduate Diploma
  • Graduate Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Graduate diploma
  • two-year Postgraduate Diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
  • two-year Bachelor’s after degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • one-year Postgraduate Certificate in [name of discipline]
  • Dual Bachelor’s degree (four years)
The above highlighted part (in red) specifically mentions that if your ECA Equivalency in mentioned in the below sections too, you are eligible to claim points for two or more degrees.

The sections are:

Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute

Two-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute

One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute

Please note that you should have at least one of the credential in your ECA must be for 3 or more years, in order to claim the points under this category.

Also, there has been a misconception that the second diploma/degree should be after you earned the bachelor's degree. This is not true, your diploma could have been completed before the bachelor's degree and you will still be eligible.

I hope post will clear all the confusion. If there is any error in my post, please let me know and suggestions are also welcome.
Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees

So lately there has been a lot of confusion about the option to choose "Two or more degrees, diploma" in the CRS Calculator. Many people are worried if their qualification comes under this. So lets get it sorted out for once and all.

First of all, when you create an Express Entry profile, there is no such option of selecting "two or more degrees, diplomas" in the Education section. In the EE profile, you just need to enter each of your qualifications, as per ECA. Once you enter all the details, the system calculates the points for Education and Skill Transfer-ability factor, on its own, using this data. So just enter the details as per the ECA and the points will be calculated.

But some people want to know, before creating the EE profile, whether they can claim points for two or more degrees, diplomas.

In that case, first get an ECA for your educational qualifications. Without an ECA, its hard to predict whether you will be eligible to claim points for two or more degrees. Once you have the ECA, please refer to the following link and if your ECA equivalency is mentioned there, you are eligible:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/education-assessed/read-report.html

Many people get confused with the wordings in the above link, where it mentions:

Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.
Important notice: One must be for a program of three or more years.

ECA assessment results:

A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree

PLUS any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school), or:
  • Post-Bachelor's Certificate
  • Post-undergraduate certificate
  • Post-Bachelor's Diploma
  • Post-undergraduate diploma
  • Graduate Certificate
  • Graduate Certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Postgraduate certificate
  • Postgraduate Diploma
  • Graduate Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Graduate diploma
  • two-year Postgraduate Diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
  • two-year Bachelor’s after degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • one-year Postgraduate Certificate in [name of discipline]
  • Dual Bachelor’s degree (four years)
The above highlighted part (in red) specifically mentions that if your ECA Equivalency in mentioned in the below sections too, you are eligible to claim points for two or more degrees.

The sections are:

Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute

Two-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute

One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute

Please note that you should have at least one of the credential in your ECA must be for 3 or more years, in order to claim the points under this category.

Also, there has been a misconception that the second diploma/degree should be after you earned the bachelor's degree. This is not true, your diploma could have been completed before the bachelor's degree and you will still be eligible.

I hope post will clear all the confusion. If there is any error in my post, please let me know and suggestions are also welcome.
Hi! Thanks for the detailed info on the topic. As you mentioned, there is not "two or more certificates, degree" option on the EE application but there is one on the CRS Tool page. My ECA Evaluation was:

Dual Bachelor's Degree (four years)

and the only option I see on my EE application is "Bachelor's degree OR a three or more year plan" but that won't get me the score that I got on the CRS Tool page. How should I add this info on my EE profile?