+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Two or More Certificates, Degrees or Diploma - Let's Get it Sorted

Hopeful boy

Nov 19, 2020
So you don’t get 50 points for a job offer. Your points are around 405. Your employer needs to prove no Canadian could be hired and then apply for a LMIA. Then you can count 50 points.
What my employer needs to do to give me LMIA? Does he need to do advertisements? On LMIA, Will I get closed work permit?

How much time the LMIA get to be approved once my employer is ready for that? Approximate time?

If my LMIA approved by government, How much time does it take to.get LMIA work permit? My this PGWP is expiring right after 4 months from now.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
What my employer needs to do to give me LMIA? Does he need to do advertisements? On LMIA, Will I get closed work permit?

How much time the LMIA get to be approved once my employer is ready for that? Approximate time?

If my LMIA approved by government, How much time does it take to.get LMIA work permit? My this PGWP is expiring right after 4 months from now.
There is a process and fees for the LMIA that your employer must complete. It costs about $1000 for the employer to apply. The employer has to show that the job was posted and no Canadian applied and was able to to do the job. So talk to your employer because they need to apply not you. They need to do it not you. It will take months to process and if you live in a province where the LMIA is not exempt, it will be refused.

Hopeful boy

Nov 19, 2020
I am in BC. Do I need to apply for LMIA in May-2021 as my PGWP is getting expired or I can apply Right now with PGWP?
How much approximate time Do you think It will get to get ITA in CEC? I mean If I apply for LMIA now? Just approximate time I am asking you If my employer helps me from right now being in my PGWP?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am in BC. Do I need to apply for LMIA in May-2021 as my PGWP is getting expired or I can apply Right now with PGWP?
How much approximate time Do you think It will get to get ITA in CEC? I mean If I apply for LMIA now? Just approximate time I am asking you If my employer helps me from right now being in my PGWP?
You don’t apply for the LMIA. Your employers does and pays the fees. Your employer can start the process now as it takes months. You need to talk to your employer because they must offer you a permanent, full-time position, for one year past receiving your PR. It may be refused if there are Canadians or PRs who could do the job. If your score is 405 you will not get an ITA. You need the LMIA. If you don’t get an ITA by May and don’t have a positive LMIA then you quit working and apply for visitor status.

Hopeful boy

Nov 19, 2020
You don’t apply for the LMIA. Your employers does and pays the fees. Your employer can start the process now as it takes months. You need to talk to your employer because they must offer you a permanent, full-time position, for one year past receiving your PR. It may be refused if there are Canadians or PRs who could do the job. If your score is 405 you will not get an ITA. You need the LMIA. If you don’t get an ITA by May and don’t have a positive LMIA then you quit working and apply for visitor status.
I am going to talk with my employer. I will see. I asked you just an approx. time If my employer applies LMIA for me right now.

Anyways, I heard too that the government has decided to extend the work permits for 18 months whose work permits are already expired or going to expired. So, I will not need to apply for visitor visa status.

Reactions: Naturgrl

hyong1991

Star Member
Feb 27, 2019
I am going to talk with my employer. I will see. I asked you just an approx. time If my employer applies LMIA for me right now.

Anyways, I heard too that the government has decided to extend the work permits for 18 months whose work permits are already expired or going to expired. So, I will not need to apply for visitor visa status.
hi there ,

Out of curiosity, I clicked on your profile, and it seems that you have a spouse that's accompanying you?

you'd need to include her on your application; her language skills, job experience, and education would affect your score as well.

best of luck!

Jan 25, 2021
Hi,
It was interesting to know your history of getting a PR.
I am confused with regard to my ECA report from WES.
can u please help me out.
After 12th i have done a four year full time Bachelors degree in Engineering and the a part time one year Diploma from a recognized institution.
But my ECA report says as follows,

1. Name on Credential:
Credential Authentication: Documents were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Engineering
Year: 2008
Awarded By: University of Mumbai
Major: Mechanical Engineering
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

2. Name on Credential:
Credential Authentication: Documents were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Diploma in Apparel Merchandising
Year: 2011
Awarded By: The Synthetic and Art Silk Mills' Research Association
Major: Apparel Merchandising
Canadian Equivalency: Completion of a college-level certificate (one semester)

MY CONFUSION IS PERTAINING TO THE 2ND AUTHENTICATION. WHETHER I AM SUPPOSED TO CONSIDER THIS AS A TWO OR MORE DEGREE OR NOT?
YOUR KIND HELP WILL BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED.

Reactions: EngAbijith

Amy2000_2019

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
I have finished a 2-year program (associate degree) in 3 years and in my diploma, the duration is mentioned as 3 years.

After this period, I have done 2 more years in another university and got my bachelor degree.

I want to evaluate my degrees with WES? does WES give me two ECA? If so, can I get the points for two or more degrees?

NJV

Aug 9, 2016
This is probably a weird question. But I have 2 one year PG diplomas in Canada and I did bachelor’s in Mechanical engineering back in India. I haven’t done WES for my bachelor degree because I thought I only needed to apply with my highest educational qualification (which are the PG diplomas I have done in Canada). So is it going to affect my points? Or do I need to do WES for my bachelors from India?

Nan123214

Feb 7, 2021
Hello all,
I have a question regarding my ECA WES report. This is the credential I received:

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Dual bachelor's degree (four years)

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
1. Name on Credential: XXX
Credential authentication: Documents were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Título de Profesional (Doble Programa)
Year: 2020 Awarded by: Universidad de Los Andes
Major: Industrial and Electronics Engineering
Canadian equivalency: Dual bachelor's degree (four years)

I read some information but I'm not clear if I need two credentials (one for each degree) or if it's enough if it says Dual bachelor's degree to get the additional points in CRS for Two or more certificates..

Thank you for your help.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello all,
I have a question regarding my ECA WES report. This is the credential I received:

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Dual bachelor's degree (four years)

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
1. Name on Credential: XXX
Credential authentication: Documents were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Título de Profesional (Doble Programa)
Year: 2020 Awarded by: Universidad de Los Andes
Major: Industrial and Electronics Engineering
Canadian equivalency: Dual bachelor's degree (four years)

I read some information but I'm not clear if I need two credentials (one for each degree) or if it's enough if it says Dual bachelor's degree to get the additional points in CRS for Two or more certificates..

Thank you for your help.
It is one degree. You can search the forum on other people who posted the same question.

Ramandeep k

Nov 20, 2019
I have one two-year diploma and 4 months ceriltificate. How can I add that certificate and what option should I choose. I’m so confused about this please help. Would I get points for that certificate?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have one two-year diploma and 4 months ceriltificate. How can I add that certificate and what option should I choose. I’m so confused about this please help. Would I get points for that certificate?
Does your ECA state two year diploma? If so that is what you select. Most ECAs will not access a 4 month certificate. They need to be at least 8 months in length.