+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Two or More Certificates, Degrees or Diploma - Let's Get it Sorted

crazyrunner

Sep 15, 2020
thanks .
i have another question, i applied for student visa after 3 years of my bachelor's graduation and i submitted 2 years of indian work experience. Can i add remaining one year of work experience when i will my Express entry ? and do they check all documents which i submitted for study visa?
If you have 3 years of work experience then submit it provided you get letters from your previous employers. If you cann't get letters the show only the years that you can get letters for. When you submit an EE profile, you will have to mention if you have ever applied for any visa in canada and if so, then you will have to provide the UCI number. I don't think they will compare EE documents with study visa documents. So if you have worked for 3 years then submit the experience letters and if you have only worked for 2 years then submit letters for that.

Zzag

Jan 2, 2021
Hi All,

If I have a degree assessed as 3 years bachelors degree and I have a advance diploma which is also assessed as 3 years bachelors degree, can I select two or more qualification option? I'm not sure whether you can claim both of the qualifications if they're both considered to be equivalent as 3 years.

zayan.quadri

Jan 15, 2021
Hi Forum members.

I need some help regarding filling my EE Profile.

I have done my ECA through CES, University of Toronto. I had submitted my MBA degree for evaluation assuming they will give my Canadian Master's equivalence.

But according to my ECA report, the outcome is as follows. Please note that Credential 1 below means my 2 year full time MBA degree,

Outcome 1: Four-year Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university
Credential(s) Applicable: Credential 1
Remarks: The equivalency for this credential is stated in conjunction with studies previously completed

Outcome 2: Postgraduate certificate from a recognized university
Credential(s) Applicable: Credential 1

I want to know that when filling my Education History in my EE Profile what do I do from the following. I want to score points for "Two or more degree/diploma".

1. Add my Masters degree twice, selecting Outcome 1 for the first time and selecting Outcome 2 for the second time.
2. Add my Masters degree once selecting Outcome 2 AND add my Bachelor's degree once selecting Outcome 1. Do note that I did NOT share my Bachelors degree details with CES for evaluation.
3. Any other suggestion you may have.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ryan92

Jan 11, 2021
Apologize as I am unable to understand these terminologies. My ECA results are below. Could you please let me know the options that I need to select in my EE profile and if I am eligible to get points under two or more category.

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Diploma (two years) and bachelor's degree (four years)

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
1. Name on Credential: ***
Credential Authentication: Documents were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Diploma in Computer Technology
Year: 2001
Awarded By: State Board of Technical Education and Training, Tamil Nadu
Major/Specialization: Computer Technology
Canadian Equivalency: Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)

2. Name on Credential: ***
Credential Authentication: Documents were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Engineering
Year: 2004
Awarded By: University of Madras
Major/Specialization: Computer Science and Engineering
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)
Hi Just wanted to ask if you earned both of your degrees in regular or distace learning mode?

Hopeful boy

Nov 19, 2020
I have done Canadian Diploma in Hospitality Management. It was 2 year diploma course. I am 22 years old. Single. I gave celpip general and got L-9, R-8, W-9 and S-9. I do have NOC 0 which is in managerial position. I have also completed 1 year skilled experience in Canada. I did grade 12 in my home country and moved here after. Took admission in Diploma in hospitality management course.

Can anyone calculate my points for express entry? I am confused with education. Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have done Canadian Diploma in Hospitality Management. It was 2 year diploma course. I am 22 years old. Single. I gave celpip general and got L-9, R-8, W-9 and S-9. I do have NOC 0 which is in managerial position. I have also completed 1 year skilled experience in Canada. I did grade 12 in my home country and moved here after. Took admission in Diploma in hospitality management course.

Can anyone calculate my points for express entry? I am confused with education. Thanks
You have a two year diploma. High school doesn't count for points. Your score probably is about 405.

Hopeful boy

Nov 19, 2020
I do not have any work experience in my homr country. I moved to Canada after my grade -12 from there. I just did 2 year full time on campus diploma in hospitality management program here in Canada. I have gained 1 year skilled work experience here in Canada with NOC-0. When I do calculate It shows 455. I don't know where I am doing mistake. Please note that I gave Celpip-G and got the following score.

Listening-9
Reading-8
Writing- 9
Speaking-9

I gave also Celpip-G in December 2019 with the following score.

Listening-8
Reading-10
Writing- 8
Speaking-7

If you could send me whole screenshot, it will be so helpful to me. Thanks for your kind help as I don't have enough money to hire lawyer. Thanks again.

Hopeful boy

Nov 19, 2020
I didn’t give you foreign work experience but you may have a year. Do you have a degree too?
I don't have any degree here as well as in mu home country. I moved here right after my grade-12 and studied diploma in hospitality management here in Canada.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I do not have any work experience in my homr country. I moved to Canada after my grade -12 from there. I just did 2 year full time on campus diploma in hospitality management program here in Canada. I have gained 1 year skilled work experience here in Canada with NOC-0. When I do calculate It shows 455. I don't know where I am doing mistake. Please note that I gave Celpip-G and got the following score.

Listening-9
Reading-8
Writing- 9
Speaking-9

I gave also Celpip-G in December 2019 with the following score.

Listening-8
Reading-10
Writing- 8
Speaking-7

If you could send me whole screenshot, it will be so helpful to me. Thanks for your kind help as I don't have enough money to hire lawyer. Thanks again.
You have to show your screenshot. You don’t have a job offer, certification or nomination.

Hopeful boy

Nov 19, 2020
I do have valid job offer that I tell you NOC-0 with 1 year skilled experience. I don't have provincial Nomination or certificate.

aammyy

Star Member
Nov 2, 2020
My qualifications were assessed as a 2 year College Diploma and a 3 year Bachelor's Degree so I was able to select '2 or more certificates.' For reference/in my experience for the CRS score, I got all 12's in CELPIP, and I claimed points for 3+ years of foreign experience in a NOC A and 1 year of Canadian experience in a NOC A & my score came in at 481. I am 35, though. I'm sure it would be significantly higher if I was younger when I applied!