+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Two or More Certificates, Degrees or Diploma - Let's Get it Sorted

PARORA1991

Jun 30, 2019
1. Yes. The city/town should be where your institution is located/address.

2. You should put what has been evaluated by WES, which in your case 1 year post grad.

3 & 4. Yes. For academic years and length, I think you should put the actual years that your degrees were awarded and length of your each studies. It should be according to what the transcript shows. Regardless of what equivalency that WES gave.
Thanks for replying @Dheana90 ,
1.so my institution means my college's city should be mentioned or the associated university's city should be mentioned.
2. Is there sample reference letter then please show that.
3. For educational qualifications ,do i need to upload the transcripts of my degree/certificates or just the translations? In case of translations , do i need to send the certificate or affidavit given by the translator as well?
Thanks and Regards !!

Dheana90

Apr 8, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Thanks for replying @Dheana90 ,
1.so my institution means my college's city should be mentioned or the associated university's city should be mentioned.
2. Is there sample reference letter then please show that.
3. For educational qualifications ,do i need to upload the transcripts of my degree/certificates or just the translations? In case of translations , do i need to send the certificate or affidavit given by the translator as well?
Thanks and Regards !!
1. You have to mention all your studies that you have done and its respective locations. I'm sure you provide these informations when you submit application for ECA to WES,right? So, do the same in your EE profile. Make separate entry for each qualifications you have in your ECA.

2. What kind of reference letter are you referring to?

3. You have to submit all of them which you already mentioned: the scanned copy of your transcripts,degree awards, the translation and the affidavit as well. I believe you submitted these docs to WES, didn't u?

Last edited:

PARORA1991

Jun 30, 2019
1. You have to mention all your studies that you have done and its respective locations. I'm sure you provide these informations when you submit application for ECA to WES,right? So, do the same in your EE profile. Make separate entry for each qualifications you have in your ECA.

2. What kind of reference letter are you referring to?

3. You have to submit all of them which you already mentioned: the scanned copy of your transcripts,degree awards, the translation and the affidavit as well. I believe you submitted these docs to WES, didn't u?
@ Dheana90,
2.I am looking for a reference letter for teaching .
3.To WES, I applied for the transcripts in the university and university sent it to WES. But my original documents that I have are all bilingual means in English as well as in local language.Do i still need to get its transcripts from university or i can just send a copy of my originals?

Rubesh04

Feb 5, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hello member,

I have query regarding the Education History update in EE profile.

Below is my ECA.:

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY : Bachelor's degree (four years) and postgraduate diploma (one year)

I hold Bachelor of Engineering(4 years) and Master in Science (2 years) degree.

While checking my crs score in the tool. I gave Level of Education as Two or More degree or certificate and my score was 466.

in EE profile,
i selected Bachelor or 3 years program for Bachelor of engineering
i selected one year program at university for Master in Science

My score was 406. On analyzing i found that it is not considering my Bachelor degree and only taking Post Graduate diploma into consideration.

What am i suppose to do. Could you please help

Sumit Saha

Jul 18, 2019
H
Well, I have been answering same for many applicants. Want to add the following clarifications from two other authentic IRCC sources-

Paragraph 78 (1)(e) of Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (SOR/2002-227).

Education (25 points)
  • 78 (1) Points shall be awarded, to a maximum of 25, for a skilled worker’s Canadian educational credential or equivalency assessment submitted in support of an application, as follows:
  • (a) 5 points for a secondary school credential;
  • (b) 15 points for a one-year post-secondary program credential;
  • (c) 19 points for a two-year post-secondary program credential;
  • (d) 21 points for a post-secondary program credential of three years or longer;
  • (e) 22 points for two or more post-secondary program credentials, one of which must be a credential issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer;
  • (f) 23 points for a university-level credential at the master’s level or at the level of an entry-to-practice professional degree for an occupation listed in the National Occupational Classification matrix at Skill Level A for which licensing by a provincial regulatory body is required; and
  • (g) 25 points for a university-level credential at the doctoral level.
  • Marginal note:More than one educational credential
    (2) For the purposes of subsection (1), points
    • (a) except as set out in paragraph (1)(e), shall not be awarded cumulatively on the basis of more than one educational credential; and
    • (b) shall be awarded on the basis of the Canadian educational credentials or equivalency assessments submitted in support of an application for a permanent resident visa that result in the highest number of points.
http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/page-18.html#docCont

Those who are saying second degree must be after bachelors should read above. 78(1)(e) clearly says two or more post-secondary program credentials. Basically you can claim points for all post secondary credentials which are assessed as Canadian equivalent by one of the designated organizations such as WES, IQAS etc. To claim points for two or more degree One of the credentials must be assessed as 3 years or long degree , diploma or certificate and other one can be assessed as minimum one year long program BEFORE or AFTER the 3 year long Degree.

Marginal note mentioned above should help those who obtained degree as lateral entry at year 2nd or 3rd. Those people may have attended only two years or even only final year at bachelors level but was awarded full bachelors degree certificate because of exempted credits for the exempted year. They will also be awarded points for two or more degree if their ECA outcome for the degree is minimum bachelors degree (3 years) along with a minimum one year long diploma because the marginal note states that (b) shall be awarded on the basis of the Canadian educational credentials or equivalency assessments submitted in support of an application for a permanent resident visa that result in the highest number of points.

If you are still confused then more clarifications are here-

Two or more post-secondary credentials (three-year or longer post-secondary credential required)

Designated organizations assessment outcomes
A three-year or longer post-secondary credential in combination with any of the post secondary educational credentials listed below. This excludes secondary school credentials.

Post-secondary educational credentials could also include post-baccalaureate or post-graduate credentials as follows:
  • Post-bachelor’s certificate
  • Post-undergraduate certificateFootnotei
  • Post-bachelor’s diploma
  • Post-undergraduate diplomaFootnotei
  • Graduate certificate
  • Graduate certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]Footnotei
  • Postgraduate certificate
  • Postgraduate diploma
  • Graduate diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]Footnotei
  • Graduate diplomaFootnotei
  • Two-year postgraduate diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
  • Two-year bachelor’s degree after a degree with a focus in [area of concentration]Footnotei
  • One-year postgraduate certificate in [name of discipline]
  • One-year of graduate study with a focus in [area of concentration]Footnotei
  • Study toward a master’s degree
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/federal-skilled-workers/selection-criteria-education-equivalency-assessment-outcomes-education-points.html

All confusions should be cleared by the sentence marked in Red Color above. It says Post-secondary educational credentials could also include post-baccalaureate or post-graduate credentials. They said "Could Also Include" which means other sections such as "One year program", "Two year programs" also counts.

Applicants should not be worried about misrepresentation for this at all. Applicants are advised to enter their credential in the education history section of their EE profile according to the ECA report and the system will calculate the points by itself. In EE Profile we have the following options for Level of education for each of the credentials-
  • Secondary certificate
  • One year program
  • Two year program
  • Bachelors Or 3 or more years program
  • Masters
  • PhD
Select appropriate level of education based on ECA report you will receive your appropriate points.

Hope this clarifies the confusion once for all!
I have done 3 years diploma in mechanical engineering with 6 semister after 10+2.
could you tell me will it consider "3 years diploma" program in CANADA or other?

Francisbrave

Jul 14, 2019
Hi Maverick, thank you for sharing a detailed response on two or more degrees.

I am about to create my express entry profile and facing a similar situation. I have an integrated 5 year BALLB (H) degree. Please note the college has provided only one consolidated degree which includes BA and LLB.
As per my WES ECA I have received a Canadian Equivalency " Dual Bachelor's Degree (4 years). Credentials in the ECA report mentions Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws.
Will this be considered as two or more degrees(3+1).
Also, how do you suggest I show this in the Express entry profile?

lazarus

Star Member
May 21, 2019
NOC Code......
Hi Maverick, thank you for sharing a detailed response on two or more degrees.

I am about to create my express entry profile and facing a similar situation. I have an integrated 5 year BALLB (H) degree. Please note the college has provided only one consolidated degree which includes BA and LLB.
As per my WES ECA I have received a Canadian Equivalency " Dual Bachelor's Degree (4 years). Credentials in the ECA report mentions Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws.
Will this be considered as two or more degrees(3+1).
Also, how do you suggest I show this in the Express entry profile?
1) Dual Bachelor's Degrees (4 years) = Bachelor's Degree in Canadian Equivalency.
2) Bachelor's Degree (3 years) & Bachelor's Degree (4 years) = Two or more certificates, diplomas & degrees.

In your case, it will be calculated as - Bachelor's Degree.

Reactions: star88

Shail112

Dec 12, 2018
In my ECA it says
Canadian Equivalency: 5 and 1/2 years of post secondary education and training in homeopathic medicine.

Remarks: It is not comparable to completed Canadian credentials
my question is Shall I got points for the degree program??????

john.cena

Aug 1, 2019
Thank you so much! For engineering(any discipline) and diploma(any discipline), the field of study should be "applied science" is it? or for computer science engineering/diploma, should it be "computing/information technology"?
Hi natarum,

I have a similar educational qualification as you. So, I am just wondering if you got CRS points for two certificates, diploma, degree? What's the current status EE profile?

Dheana90

Apr 8, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi guys,

Surprise. Surprise.

I got my second (upgrade) ECA report just 5mins ago. Supposed due for completion date is 9th August but I got it one week early.

My diploma of commerce was only 8months and got awarded completion of 1 year college-level certificate so now I can claim two of more certificate points.

john.cena

Aug 1, 2019
Hi guys,

Surprise. Surprise.

I got my second (upgrade) ECA report just 5mins ago. Supposed due for completion date is 9th August but I got it one week early.

My diploma of commerce was only 8months and got awarded completion of 1 year college-level certificate so now I can claim two of more certificate points.
Hi Dheana,

Could you please tell me what is your educational qualification if you don't mind?

Thanks in advance :)

john.cena

Aug 1, 2019
Yeah sure.

I have diploma of commerce and bachelor of commerce. :)
Thanks a lot! That's lovely to hear. This news is giving me more hope towards "Two or more diploma, degree topic" as I have a Diploma in Computer Engineering and a Bachelors in Computer Science and Engineering.

Please keep us posted about the CRS score that you receive after submitting your profile.

Thanks again! :)

Dheana90

Apr 8, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Thanks a lot! That's lovely to hear. This news is giving me more hope towards "Two or more diploma, degree topic" as I have a Diploma in Computer Engineering and a Bachelors in Computer Science and Engineering.

Please keep us posted about the CRS score that you receive after submitting your profile.

Thanks again! :)
Thank you. :)

What is your country of education,dear?

And what is the length of your diploma and bachelor?

I'm asking this because I think the country of education is matter too in determining the equivalency of the qualification.

I'm not in the pool yet though as I haven't done IELTS :)

john.cena

Aug 1, 2019
Thank you. :)

What is your country of education,dear?

And what is the length of your diploma and bachelor?

I'm asking this because I think the country of education is matter too in determining the equivalency of the qualification.

I'm not in the pool yet though as I haven't done IELTS :)
I am from India. You can find my educational qualification below. All the details are after my High School education.

Diploma in Computer Engineering - 3 Years
Bachelors in Computer Science and Engineering - 4 Years (I got into engineering as lateral entry since I have a Diploma. Hence, it is just 3 years for me)

I am yet to do ECA and preparing for IELTS at the moment. I am finding the writing section quite hard because of which I keep postponing my IELTS date.

Thanks! :)