+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Two or More Certificates, Degrees or Diploma - Let's Get it Sorted

PARORA1991

Jun 30, 2019
Hi,
Actual qualifications:
1.B.sc.(3years)-evaluated as bachelors (4 years)
2.B.Ed.(1year)-evaluated as Bachelors (4years)
3.Msc.(2 years)-evaluated as post graduate diploma (one year)

I have some confusions as follows:
1.name of the institution: university name not college name so what would be the City/Town, is it the city where university is located?
2.level of education: it should be Masters or again one year diploma as per WES report? Further for the WES report I have to write its equivalency as One year post graduate diploma . I mean to ask the level of education should be the actual level or as per WES report?
3.Academic years: the actually years of study irrespective of the WES report?
4 For Bachelors of Education: Even though it was only for one year, they have considered it as Bachelors degree( four years). Now what should I write for the level of education and for the academic years?
@Dheana90
Thanks and Regards !

Last edited:

James_bk_fun

Star Member
Mar 3, 2019
Have to say the WES assessment process and how they grade certain qualification has been the most frustrating part of my PR process to date.

Coupled with the somewhat arbitrary scoring you get for certain qualifications doesn’t feel like it serves the purpose the Canadian immigration authorities are trying to achieve

Dheana90

Apr 8, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi,
Actual qualifications:
1.B.sc.(3years)-evaluated as bachelors (4 years)
2.B.Ed.(1year)-evaluated as Bachelors (4years)
3.Msc.(2 years)-evaluated as post graduate diploma (one year)

I have some confusions as follows:
1.name of the institution: university name not college name so what would be the City/Town, is it the city where university is located?
2.level of education: it should be Masters or again one year diploma as per WES report? Further for the WES report I have to write its equivalency as One year post graduate diploma . I mean to ask the level of education should be the actual level or as per WES report?
3.Academic years: the actually years of study irrespective of the WES report?
4 For Bachelors of Education: Even though it was only for one year, they have considered it as Bachelors degree( four years). Now what should I write for the level of education and for the academic years?
@Dheana90
Thanks and Regards !
1. Yes. The city/town should be where your institution is located/address.

2. You should put what has been evaluated by WES, which in your case 1 year post grad.

3 & 4. Yes. For academic years and length, I think you should put the actual years that your degrees were awarded and length of your each studies. It should be according to what the transcript shows. Regardless of what equivalency that WES gave.

Guneet95

May 31, 2018
Hey guys, needed some advice!

I got my 3 years bachelors degree evaluated as a 3 years Canadian bachelors equivalent.

Currently, my 1 year distance pg diploma is being assessed by WES.

I was wondering whether WES would evaluate both the degrees as a consolidated 4 years canadian bachelors which would allow me to only get points for 1 degree in total.

Would such a thing be possible or is there any other outcome?

lazarus

Star Member
May 21, 2019
NOC Code......

I got my 3 years bachelors degree evaluated as a 3 years Canadian bachelors equivalent.

I was wondering whether WES would evaluate both the degrees as a consolidated 4 years canadian bachelors which would allow me to only get points for 1 degree in total.

Well, WES is unpredictable. You will have to wait it out & see the result in your ECA.

Reactions: star88

Jarvis7

Jul 2, 2019
Hi Everyone,

My WES ECA Report states:

Canadian Equivalency Summary: Bachelor's Degree(4yrs) and postgraduate diploma(1yr).

Can I select "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees " ?

Thanks in Advance.

lazarus

Star Member
May 21, 2019
NOC Code......
Hi Everyone,

Canadian Equivalency Summary: Bachelor's Degree(4yrs) and postgraduate diploma(1yr).

Thanks in Advance.
yes, absolutely!

Reactions: star88

Dheana90

Apr 8, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi Everyone,

Thanks in Advance.
Yes. Definitely.

Sohaibkq

Star Member
Nov 24, 2018
Two years bachelors and two years Masters= Some people are getting 'two or more', some are only getting 4 years bachelors. is there any set standard for WES?

Dheana90

Apr 8, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Two years bachelors and two years Masters= Some people are getting 'two or more', some are only getting 4 years bachelors. is there any set standard for WES?
I think it depends on the country, institution where you studied in and the program of study you took. Otherwise, you can contact WES and raise this same question to them.

VisaExperts

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019

WES is very unpredictable. You need to see whether they provide with 4 years Canadian Bachelors or not under Canada PR Visa norms.