+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Two or More Certificates, Degrees or Diploma - Let's Get it Sorted

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do Canadian certificates/diplomas have an agreed number of study hours in order to be recognised as 1 year ?
For example, in Australia, 1 year of learning is at least 1200 hours of study (face-to-face learning + individual study/research time).
Does Canada have anything similar ?

khurram21

Dec 26, 2018
Hello members , I have a few questions regarding WES evaluation :

I have two Bachelor degrees , first one BA ( Bachelor of Arts ) but i did it private , and the other degree i hold is B.Sc Mechanical engineering (4 years ) . Would WES evaluate both of them , and if it does, can i opt for " Two or more degrees, diplomas or certicates " in the CRS ?

Anxioulsy waiting for the reply and thanks a lot.

shersingh

Oct 5, 2017
Hello members , I have a few questions regarding WES evaluation :

I have two Bachelor degrees , first one BA ( Bachelor of Arts ) but i did it private , and the other degree i hold is B.Sc Mechanical engineering (4 years ) . Would WES evaluate both of them , and if it does, can i opt for " Two or more degrees, diplomas or certicates " in the CRS ?

Anxioulsy waiting for the reply and thanks a lot.
File for WES and proceed on what they evaluate.

Reactions: nia.nick

shersingh

Oct 5, 2017
Do Canadian certificates/diplomas have an agreed number of study hours in order to be recognised as 1 year ?
For example, in Australia, 1 year of learning is at least 1200 hours of study (face-to-face learning + individual study/research time).
Does Canada have anything similar ?
It all depends on what WES or equivalent agencies evaluate for us...

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/federal-skilled-workers/selection-criteria-education.html

To be awarded points for education, the applicant must provide evidence that they have earned a Canadian secondary or post-secondary educational credential and/or submit their completed foreign educational credential and the equivalency assessment (educational credential assessment [ECA] report) issued by a designated organization or institution. The ECA report must indicate an equivalency to a completed Canadian secondary or post-secondary educational credential.

To obtain maximum points for education, applicants may submit evidence of more than one completed educational credential. However, any completed foreign educational credential submitted must be accompanied by an ECA report. For example, an applicant may have completed a Canadian post-secondary program and the equivalent of a Canadian post-secondary program of three years or longer at an educational institution outside of Canada. In this case, the applicant must submit proof of the Canadian educational credential, the foreign educational credential, and the ECA report demonstrating its equivalency to a Canadian post-secondary program credential.

Points are awarded on the basis of the completed Canadian educational credentials or equivalency assessments (ECA reports) submitted in support of the application for permanent residence that result in the highest number of points [R78(2)(b)].

The assessment results shown on the ECA report must match one of the outcomes found in the ECA conversion table, which lists the equivalency assessment outcomes and applicable education points. If it does not, their foreign education is not equal to a completed Canadian credential. In addition, an ECA with an assessment result showing "from a non-recognized institution” is not accepted.

khan5858

Mar 9, 2014
I have eca of 3 yrs in bachelors from india and 1 year from canada (post graduate certificate )does it count as two or more degrees and certificate.

tamik

Sep 3, 2018
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi everyone. Does someone have an experience evaluating incomplete education for ECA?
I have my BA degree (evaluated by wes as 4-years bachelors degree) and 2 years of masters studies (passed all the exams, however, didn't finish my project) no MSc degree awarded. But I have an academic certificate with the list of the subjects studied along with the credits number for each subject (90 credits total). Is there any chance that my academic certificate can be evaluated as a postgrad certificate/diploma/whatever, so I could claim points for 2+ degrees and certificates?
Which organization should I send my documents to?

ramya priya

Jan 19, 2019
Hi, I have the same scenario which you have posted in a forum
10th Std -> Diploma(3 years) -> Bachelors(3 years through lateral entry)

Did the "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees" option worked out for you in the PR application?

I'm getting 436 CRS with only Bachelor degree and 469 with "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees".

Please help.

Nag12345

Feb 4, 2019
Hi, I have the same scenario which you have posted in a forum
10th Std -> Diploma(3 years) -> Bachelors(3 years through lateral entry)

Did the "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees" option worked out for you in the PR application?

I'm getting 436 CRS with only Bachelor degree and 469 with "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees".

Please help.
My scenario is
3 years diploma in engineering
4 years bachelors in engineering
Can I use that option "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees".

Nag12345

Feb 4, 2019
My scenario 10th post which
3 years diploma in engineering
4 years bachelors in engineering Can I use that option "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees".

bhupiister

Dec 22, 2018
Hey guys ! For all of you,who are skeptical about Diploma(after 10th) + degree (of at least 3 years). You can select Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. I personally went through lots of research and went to this official link below, select comprehensive ranking system from drop down menu and go to page no 13 after
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/education-assessed/read-report.html
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pdOruvp4Qc3ZWIxWgg-XVY8yjEKqrc7k/view?usp=sharing
Please see the link above for a screenshot of Diploma + Degree equivalency.

Mitya-kun

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
Hi everyone!
I searched the forum to find someone with the same situation like me, but couldn't find an answer. So let me ask this:
I have a master's degree in one field and a college diploma (4 years) in completely different field. Does it makes sense to send both of these documents to WES for ECA or not? Because as far as I understand, the maximum CRS points I can get is for the Master's degree, while the second diploma will have no effect on the CRS at all. Am I right?

Nag12345

Feb 4, 2019
have caused the change ? I believe when ur submitting the masters for ECA it will ask for Degree details as well...so u may need to submit both masters and prior masters educational details inorder to get the ECA report...it will not matter if masters and degree are of different stream...this info I got to know from WES website when adding educational credentials..there is a note with green background..hope this helps

Mitya-kun

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
have caused the change ? I believe when ur submitting the masters for ECA it will ask for Degree details as well...so u may need to submit both masters and prior masters educational details inorder to get the ECA report...it will not matter if masters and degree are of different stream...this info I got to know from WES website when adding educational credentials..there is a note with green background..hope this helps
No-no, you didn't get it...
Let's say, I have bachelor's+master's for which I should recieve 135 points AND I also have a college diploma from an absolutely different field. Will it bring me some more points or I can just forget about this diploma?

Div_newbie

Star Member
Jun 29, 2018
Hi all,

I need some help with a situation, I had my bachelor's and post graduate diploma evaluated by WES. Unfortunately WES did not recognise the diploma. Hence I got only my diploma evaluated by ICES and they recognised it as Post Undergraduate Diploma.

Would it be a problem if I use both the reports while claiming points? Wes report shows it as unrecognised program and ICES report shows it as recognised.

Please help!!!

Last edited:

Nag12345

Feb 4, 2019
No-no, you didn't get it...
Let's say, I have bachelor's+master's for which I should recieve 135 points AND I also have a college diploma from an absolutely different field. Will it bring me some more points or I can just forget about this diploma?
I feel in this case you will not get any more points even if u give Ur diploma for ECA....with masters you got the maximum

Reactions: Mitya-kun