utom1987

Star Member
May 20, 2014
NOC Code......
Hi i wanted to see if its fine to work two jobs while residing in USA:
One in Canada on PR
One in Usa on H1B
Currently i hold H1B and canadian PR

Please refrain from saying how can i work 80 hrs and health etc ! Thankyou so much for your help

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
So if residing in the US how do you plan to maintain your Canada residency obligation ? Is your plan to work one shift in the US and then cross over work Canadian shift before returning back to the US or is this a couple days a week ?

Of course currently with COVID there are always risks with changes to cross border travel restrictions but those are being reviewed month by month so hopefully not forever

utom1987

Star Member
May 20, 2014
NOC Code......
So if residing in the US how do you plan to maintain your Canada residency obligation ? Is your plan to work one shift in the US and then cross over work Canadian shift before returning back to the US ?

Of course currently with COVID there are always risks with changes to cross border travel restrictions but those are being reviewed month by month so hopefully not forever
So i am not concerned about my residency days etc, I still have few years and i will move after 2-3 months.
Plan is to stay in US for 2 -3 months and perform both canadian and us employment together. US employment on H1B and Canadian Employment on PR.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Should be fine, you're authorised to work in both jurisdictions. Just make sure you file your taxes properly.