+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Two invitations received to apply for Express Entry under CEC but don't have 12 months of work experience in Canada

Gtc151

Sep 29, 2022
Hi,

I received an invitation to apply for Express Entry under CEC 2 weeks back. I recently got laid off from my job and have only 11 months of work experience in Canada. So I rejected this invitation and updated my profile hoping to get an invitation under FSW. Yesterday, I got an invitation to apply again under CEC. I haven't received an invitation under FSW yet. If I reject the CEC invitation again, will I get an FSW invitation? I do not qualify for CEC anymore so I will have to reject the invitation that I recently received.

Tried calling IRCC several times to speak to an agent to get help. They say the call volume is too high so they cannot connect me to an agent.
Please help!!

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hi,

I received an invitation to apply for Express Entry under CEC 2 weeks back. I recently got laid off from my job and have only 11 months of work experience in Canada. So I rejected this invitation and updated my profile hoping to get an invitation under FSW. Yesterday, I got an invitation to apply again under CEC. I haven't received an invitation under FSW yet. If I reject the CEC invitation again, will I get an FSW invitation? I do not qualify for CEC anymore so I will have to reject the invitation that I recently received.

Tried calling IRCC several times to speak to an agent to get help. They say the call volume is too high so they cannot connect me to an agent.
Please help!!
Your answer lies here - https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1294&top=29

CEC is preferred over FSW. Hence till the time you qualify for CEC, you will receive invite under same stream even if you continue to decline.

Also since system is designed to calculate workex on month basis, even if you have 11 months of completed Canadian experience, system will take it as 12 months because you have completed 11 months

Gtc151

Sep 29, 2022
Your answer lies here - https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1294&top=29

CEC is preferred over FSW. Hence till the time you qualify for CEC, you will receive invite under same stream even if you continue to decline.

Also since system is designed to calculate workex on month basis, even if you have 11 months of completed Canadian experience, system will take it as 12 months because you have completed 11 months
Thanks for your reply. So what can I do in this case? I cannot accept this invitation and apply as my application will be rejected without 12 months of work ex. I have already rejected 1 CEC invitation. They sent me another CEC invitation yesterday and if I reject that will I receive another one?

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Thanks for your reply. So what can I do in this case? I cannot accept this invitation and apply as my application will be rejected without 12 months of work ex. I have already rejected 1 CEC invitation. They sent me another CEC invitation yesterday and if I reject that will I receive another one?

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
I am NOT an expert. So suggest you take your own decision.

I think you will have to qualify just for FSW and not CEC (In your profile CEC = Not Met, FSW = Met). Since I am not sure of what it takes to become eligible for CEC, I cannot suggest how you do it.

Gtc151

Sep 29, 2022
I am NOT an expert. So suggest you take your own decision.

I think you will have to qualify just for FSW and not CEC (In your profile CEC = Not Met, FSW = Met). Since I am not sure of what it takes to become eligible for CEC, I cannot suggest how you do it.
Hi,

Sure. That makes sense. Thanks for your help.