+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

two Indians holding Canada PR gets married before landing in Canada

Milan2899

Jun 5, 2018
If a boy and girl holding individual PR to Canada, and if they got married before landing in Canada, then how long it takes to change their status ( from single to married) and obtain Permanent Residence in Canada ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Seems like they both have to notify CIC that they are married but there will be no need to resubmit and wait for the other spouse to go through screening process.

Milan2899

Jun 5, 2018
Seems like they both have to notify CIC that they are married but there will be no need to resubmit and wait for the other spouse to go through screening process.
Thanks guys for your response. As per the communication received from Canadian Immigration Department, they have cancelled their confirmation of Permanent Residence to update the marital status, and asked for Immigration Medical examination, and once this is done, they will issue further instructions. I am not sure how long it will take to get new PR.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks guys for your response. As per the communication received from Canadian Immigration Department, they have cancelled their confirmation of Permanent Residence to update the marital status, and asked for Immigration Medical examination, and once this is done, they will issue further instructions. I am not sure how long it will take to get new PR.
You should both have valid medicals so this may be a standard reply. Not sure what the wait period would be because normally it is just one spouse that has PR.

lonewolf9891

May 5, 2018
Hi,

I am going through a similar situation of updating marital status after CoPR. It would be of immense help if you could let me know :
  1. How long did CIC take to reply to your enquiry?
  2. How long did they take to reissue new CoPR?
  3. Were you asked to submit your passports again?