+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Two IELTS and use previous one?

smhamza

Star Member
Oct 22, 2018
Hello all!!

Suppose I have appeared in two IELTS exams. One on Jan 1, 2019 and other on February 1, 2019. Now suppose I got good score in Jan 1's one and very poor in latter one.

Is it okay or allowed to use and base my immigration/profile (EE) on Jan 1's one and ignore the latter one?

Thanks.

eiden03

Star Member
Feb 18, 2019
Hello all!!

Suppose I have appeared in two IELTS exams. One on Jan 1, 2019 and other on February 1, 2019. Now suppose I got good score in Jan 1's one and very poor in latter one.

Is it okay or allowed to use and base my immigration/profile (EE) on Jan 1's one and ignore the latter one?

Thanks.
Yes.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Yes, you can submit any valid IELTS test.

However, you cannot combine scores from two tests - so you cannot pick Writing and Speaking from Jan 1 and Listening and Reading from Feb 1, for example, or any such combination.

You have to submit all scores from one test.

Reactions: vaas2018

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
IELTS will report all scores to CIC. So if you don't include the latest score in your application they can tag you for misrepresentation.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
IELTS will report all scores to CIC. So if you don't include the latest score in your application they can tag you for misrepresentation.
What's your source for this - as far as I am aware, any valid IELTS can be used, as long as scores aren't mixed. Can you point to a source that says not using the most recent test is misrepresentation?

Reactions: Noramoda

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
Just as @21Goose said, any valid language test score is acceptable as long as the scores declared are from a single TRF and not mixed up.

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
@21Goose, @rajapanesar, @Noramoda. The folllowing is from my own 'Welcome to Express Entry letter' which I received after submitting EE profile.

Your responsibilities
1. Keep your information up to date
You must make sure that the information in your profile stays true and accurate at all times. If your situation
changes (for example, you get a new language test, have a baby, or start a new career), you must update your
profile.
WARNING: If we invite you to apply for permanent residence, you will need to show proof of the information you
gave us in your Express Entry profile. Your application for permanent residence will be refused if the information
in your Express Entry profile is not true or cannot be verified. Untrue claims may result in you being barred from
Canada for five years.
If we find that you misrepresented yourself (gave us false information or left out important details), we will refuse
your application. You could also:
- be barred from entering Canada for at least five years,
- have a permanent record of fraud with IRCC, or
- be charged with a crime.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As long as it hasn't expired you can provide any IETLS results as long as there is no mix and match. Period.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
@21Goose, @rajapanesar, @Noramoda. The folllowing is from my own 'Welcome to Express Entry letter' which I received after submitting EE profile.

Your responsibilities
1. Keep your information up to date
You must make sure that the information in your profile stays true and accurate at all times. If your situation
changes (for example, you get a new language test, have a baby, or start a new career), you must update your
profile.
WARNING: If we invite you to apply for permanent residence, you will need to show proof of the information you
gave us in your Express Entry profile. Your application for permanent residence will be refused if the information
in your Express Entry profile is not true or cannot be verified. Untrue claims may result in you being barred from
Canada for five years.
If we find that you misrepresented yourself (gave us false information or left out important details), we will refuse
your application. You could also:
- be barred from entering Canada for at least five years,
- have a permanent record of fraud with IRCC, or
- be charged with a crime.
Your understanding is incorrect. There is no rule that says you have to use the most recent test. You can use any valid test as long as you don't mix and match.

Also, IELTS does not "report all results to CIC" and there is absolutely no misrepresentation here. This is not mentioned anywhere in your letter, so I suspect you pulled this statement out of thin air.

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Your understanding is incorrect. There is no rule that says you have to use the most recent test. You can use any valid test as long as you don't mix and match.

Also, IELTS does not "report all results to CIC" and there is absolutely no misrepresentation here. This is not mentioned anywhere in your letter, so I suspect you pulled this statement out of thin air.
All I can see is that they have asked the applicant to report any changes in situation including 'new test results'.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
All I can see is that they have asked the applicant to report any changes in situation including 'new test results'.
Yes, so report that and stop jumping to conclusions like "IELTS will report results to CIC and this is misrepresentation".

Or go ahead and do that, it's a public forum, you can say what you like.

Anyway, for @smhamza - you can use any valid IELTS result (taken within two years, IELTS General). No mix and match allowed.