+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Two Date of births for my dad

live&love

Apr 25, 2018
Hello, my mother recently applied for her PR and included her spouse (my dad) who’s outside of Canada in the application.

My dad has two different birthdays. The first is on his marriage certificate (issued in Kuwait) in 1985. The second is written on his passport and birth certificate (issued in Iraq) in 1990. There are 6 years difference between the two birthdays.

The reason is because when my dad moved from Kuwait to Iraq in 1990, the Iraqi government (Saddam Hussein’s government) wanted to erase everything he had attached to Kuwait. So they only allowed him to enter the country if he signs for this big change. So he had to agree with the Iraqi government to change his birthday and place of birth from Kuwait to Iraq.

The Iraqis issued him a new birth certificate and a passport, BUT they did not issue him a new marriage certificate, so he only has the Kuwaiti marriage certificate which states the he was born in the original birthday (6 years apart from the ones on his passport and Iraqi birth certificate).

Now, when we included him in the PR application, we put the information that’s on his passport, but also included the Kuwaiti marriage certificate as well, and we are just too scared now that immigration might take that as misrepresentation which is not.

What can you advise me to do?

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
I think this is one of those peculiar situations that no one can really give you an answer because of how rare it is. I would suggest writing a declaration relaying the story in chronological order and adding exhibits as proofs (example: Iraqi government wanting to erase ties to Kuwait) and sending it to them ASAP.

Reactions: live&love