+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Two and More Degrees ECA evaluation

htgcan

May 28, 2015
Okay,
Our agency informed us that no need to get transcripts from Symbiosis as WES will not do evaluation for Symbiosis. Is that so?

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
htgcan said:
Okay,
Our agency informed us that no need to get transcripts from Symbiosis as WES will not do evaluation for Symbiosis. Is that so?
That simply is not true. I suggest you better look for a different agency or do it yourself.

mpjaved

Star Member
Apr 24, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SINP EE submitted on May 18th
Doc's Request.
9th June, submitted on 13th Jun, 2016
Nomination.....
Nominated 22nd July
As per the help on CIC website. I understand that I should select "two or more certificate, diploma and degree" because, WES has evalvated my master as Bachelor degree three years, and my Bachelor degree is evaluated as Diploma two year.. my summery equivalnce is Bacholer Degree (three years)

friends please guide..

Jayy

Star Member
Sep 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mpjaved said:
As per the help on CIC website. I understand that I should select "two or more certificate, diploma and degree" because, WES has evalvated my master as Bachelor degree three years, and my Bachelor degree is evaluated as Diploma two year.. my summery equivalnce is Bacholer Degree (three years)

friends please guide..
In my opinion, You can opt for it only if you have an equivalent program of minimum one year, after completion of a three years program. Since your 3 years degree has been equated to 2 years diploma, I doubt if you can choose "Two or more...".

I request experts to comment and correct!

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi wanted your opinion since I have now got my assessment from WES for my Australian CA.

My first assessment was for my Bachelors degree in Business (majoring in Accounting & Finance) from the University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies:

Canadian Equivalency: Bachelors degree (3 years or more)

My second assessment was from WES for my Australian CA:

Canadian Equivalency: Postgraduate Diploma (One Year)

I would like your opinions as to whether I can choose '2 or more degrees option...' I think I can:

ECA assessment results:

A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree

PLUS any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school), or:

Post-Bachelor's Certificate
Post-undergraduate certificateFootnote 1
Post-Bachelor's Diploma
Post-undergraduate diplomaFootnote 1
Graduate Certificate
Graduate Certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]Footnote 1
Postgraduate certificate
Postgraduate Diploma
Graduate Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]Footnote 1
Graduate diplomaFootnote 1
two-year Postgraduate Diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
two-year Bachelor’s after degree with a focus in [area of concentration]Footnote 1
one-year Postgraduate Certificate in [name of discipline]
one-year of graduate study with a focus in [area of concentration]Footnote 1
Study Toward a Master's Degree

Jayy

Star Member
Sep 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JoacRy said:
Hi wanted your opinion since I have now got my assessment from WES for my Australian CA.

My first assessment was for my Bachelors degree in Business (majoring in Accounting & Finance) from the University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies:

Canadian Equivalency: Bachelors degree (3 years or more)

My second assessment was from WES for my Australian CA:

Canadian Equivalency: Postgraduate Diploma (One Year)

I would like your opinions as to whether I can choose '2 or more degrees option...' I think I can:

ECA assessment results:

A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree

PLUS any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school), or:

Post-Bachelor's Certificate
Post-undergraduate certificateFootnote 1
Post-Bachelor's Diploma
Post-undergraduate diplomaFootnote 1
Graduate Certificate
Graduate Certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]Footnote 1
Postgraduate certificate
Postgraduate Diploma
Graduate Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]Footnote 1
Graduate diplomaFootnote 1
two-year Postgraduate Diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
two-year Bachelor’s after degree with a focus in [area of concentration]Footnote 1
one-year Postgraduate Certificate in [name of discipline]
one-year of graduate study with a focus in [area of concentration]Footnote 1
Study Toward a Master's Degree
Replied to your previous post :)

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/attn-all-cas-acca-cmas-t394162.0.html

But that's just what I thought. Request you to take expert's opinion too.

All the best. Go ahead and accept that invitation now!

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jayy said:
Replied to your previous post :)

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/attn-all-cas-acca-cmas-t394162.0.html

But that's just what I thought. Request you to take expert's opinion too.

All the best. Go ahead and accept that invitation now!
Thank you Jayy for your reply. Appreciate others opinions as well. Thank you in advance.

warquezho

Oct 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JoacRy,

100% you can choose Two degrees with that assessment.

I am just wondering, with 466 points in Bachelor, you don't need the additional points in Two degrees as you can be invited in the coming round.,.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
warquezho said:
JoacRy,

100% you can choose Two degrees with that assessment.

I am just wondering, with 466 points in Bachelor, you don't need the additional points in Two degrees as you can be invited in the coming round.,.
Thank you warquezho, with this my CRS score will now be 486. I have my fingers crossed this will be enough for the next round.

Markicof

Star Member
Dec 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
13-01-2016
AOR Received.
27-01-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
07/07/16
So this is what I have selected in my eITA fields

Bachelors Degree
Level of Education - Two or more ( as per http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=1129&t=29 )

Then in the lower section;

Level of Education(Canadian Equivalent) - Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute (ECA states Bachelor's degree (four years))

One year Certificate (CIMA)
Level of Education - Two or more

Level of Education(Canadian Equivalent) - One-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute (ECA states "Completion of a College Level Certificate (One year))

Has anyone else filled it in like this and had the correct points allocated to their profile? I may add a LOE saying that I was unsure of how to fill in the form...

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Markicof said:
So this is what I have selected in my eITA fields

Bachelors Degree
Level of Education - Two or more ( as per http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=1129&t=29 )

Level of Education(Canadian Equivalent) - Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute (ECA states Bachelor's degree (four years))

One year Certificate (CIMA)
Level of Education - Two or more

Level of Education(Canadian Equivalent) - One-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute (ECA states "Completion of a College Level Certificate (One year))

Has anyone else filled it in like this and had the correct points allocated to their profile? I may add a LOE saying that I was unsure of how to fill in the form...
This is exactly what I did. How long did it take for your points to update?

Markicof

Star Member
Dec 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
13-01-2016
AOR Received.
27-01-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
07/07/16
I don't think it will update because I've through to the ITA stage however when updating previously it took a full 24 hrs to update.

Did your points update correctly? If they do will you please let me know?

I am now thinking of putting in 'two or more' for everything!

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Markicof said:
I don't think it will update because I've through to the ITA stage however when updating previously it took a full 24 hrs to update.

Did your points update correctly? If they do will you please let me know?

I am now thinking of putting in 'two or more' for everything!
Ok will do. I updated half an hour ago and no change as yet. My points should go to 486. I hope I am not too late (if they do a draw tomorrow). Also, for my Australian CA, in the lower part I selected '2 or more...' as my ECA says "Post graduate diploma (one year)"

akprasad1

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
htgcan said:
Okay,
This is not true, you should get your Symbiosis certificate assessed by WES. I did a distance diploma from SCDL (Symbiosis Center for Distance Learning) Thats what I did and they gave me an assessment; though calling it an unrecognised institution. Which doesn't matter as you can still show it in your EE profile, under Two or more certificates, diplomas, degrees..

sumitbajaj07

Nov 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I got the message from MCC saying :-- Medical credentials successfully source verified.

So it means can I now request the ECR report please ?

Can you please help to understand this ?