+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Two (additional) pieces of id?

brunorberto

May 1, 2014
One is always required to include a copy of the PR card and the biographical page of one's passport. In another section, the instructions ask to provide two pieces of ID with full name and date of birth. But it's unclear how this requirement wouldn't be automatically satisfied by the previous steps to provide copies of the PR card and passport. Do they implicitly mean additional pieces other than those already used before?

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
brunorberto said:
One is always required to include a copy of the PR card and the biographical page of one's passport. In another section, the instructions ask to provide two pieces of ID with full name and date of birth. But it's unclear how this requirement wouldn't be automatically satisfied by the previous steps to provide copies of the PR card and passport. Do they implicitly mean additional pieces other than those already used before?
You have to submit two additional pieces nonetheless. To make things less confusing for CIC, submit your driver's licence (photocopy both sides) and your personal health card (or Services Card in BC -- photocopy both sides).

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Empirical-Scientist said:
You have to submit two additional pieces nonetheless. To make things less confusing for CIC, submit your driver's licence (photocopy both sides) and your personal health card (or Services Card in BC -- photocopy both sides).
Agree 100%.

If you don't have a driver's license then you can provide photocopies (both sides) of a Non-Driver ID (like a Provincial ID)- you can get them at any Ontraio Service Centre.

brunorberto

May 1, 2014
This is complicated for those (like me) who live in BC where there is a single card for MSP and drivers license. I for one do not have any other IDs other than my PR card, my passport and my BC card (which includes MSP).

laxmikanthms

Dec 31, 2009
Toronto,Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-07-2009
Doc's Request.
Feb-02-2010
AOR Received.
June-14-2010
IELTS Request
Already Done
File Transfer...
Feb-10-2010
Med's Request
Nov-01-2010
Med's Done....
Dec-02-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan-13-2011
LANDED..........
May-07-2010 (Before PR Approval on Workpermit)
What we need to provide for children.they don't have drivers license and in health card there is no photo....what are the next best alternatives....

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
brunorberto said:
This is complicated for those (like me) who live in BC where there is a single card for MSP and drivers license. I for one do not have any other IDs other than my PR card, my passport and my BC card (which includes MSP).
You should have kept them separate -- I have the new Service Card and the Class 5 DL -- separate IDs!