+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Two (2) pieces of personal identification

TomTony

Star Member
Apr 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Both pieces of identification should show your name and date of birth, one of which must have your photo on it.

Examples include:

a Canadian driver’s licence
a Canadian health insurance card
a copy of the biographical page of your passport/travel document, etc.
If there is information on both sides of your personal identification documents, provide a photocopy of both sides.

Note: Social Insurance Number (SIN) cards, bank cards and credit cards are not acceptable pieces of identification..

My question is;
I live in Ontario, but I used to live in Alberta... So after moving to Ontario I changed my health card to Ontario health card, but my driver's licence is still Alberta, I haven't changed it yet, because I don't have a car in Ontario and not willing to buy one... Can I send my Ontario health card and Alberta driver's licence as (Two (2) pieces of personal identification) even though those two ID's issued in two different provinces?

Thanks.

rmust

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Nov-2011
AOR Received.
26-Jan-2012
Med's Request
27-March-2012
Med's Done....
31-March-2012
Passport Req..
22-June-12
VISA ISSUED...
27-July-12 (received Aug 2)
LANDED..........
04-Aug-12
I do not see a problem with that, provided that you 2 pieces of CANADIAN identification are not expired.

ecs

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Should be perfectly ok.

TomTony said:

Both pieces of identification should show your name and date of birth, one of which must have your photo on it.

Examples include:

a Canadian driver's licence
If there is information on both sides of your personal identification documents, provide a photocopy of both sides.

Note: Social Insurance Number (SIN) cards, bank cards and credit cards are not acceptable pieces of identification..

My question is;
I live in Ontario, but I used to live in Alberta... So after moving to Ontario I changed my health card to Ontario health card, but my driver's licence is still Alberta, I haven't changed it yet, because I don't have a car in Ontario and not willing to buy one... Can I send my Ontario health card and Alberta driver's licence as (Two (2) pieces of personal identification) even though those two ID's issued in two different provinces?

Thanks.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
TomTony said:

Examples include:

My question is;

Thanks.
Please check the following link:

https://www.ontario.ca/driving-and-roads/exchange-out-province-drivers-licence

You need to change your alberta drivers to ontario license after 60 days. Now its up to you whether you want to send the alberta license or get a new ontario license to send its copy with your citizenship application.

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TomTony said:

Examples include:

My question is;

Thanks.
To avoid confusion and potential RQ why not take your passport as second ID. IF you have not changed your Alberta D/L it may bring suspicion about your address. It is my suggestion that you take your Health Card and Passport with you as ID proof. Keep Alberta license as a last resort.

avigtr

Jan 11, 2012
Passport and permanent resident card are two forms of identification.
I think that this is the old checklist version for citizenship as it is an old message.
in the new one updated to 10-2017 there is no requirement for 2 forms of identification but only one.