Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2017
The new application process indicates to submit background information (Schedule A and police certificates) after the letter of acknowledgement is received.

We plan to submit the inland application in the next couple of weeks.

Should we wait until we get the letter of acknowledgement to request the police certificate?

How long does it usually take to get a Canadian and Turkish police certificates?

Ottawaguy

Oct 7, 2016
criveros said:
The new application process indicates to submit background information (Schedule A and police certificates) after the letter of acknowledgement is received.

We plan to submit the inland application in the next couple of weeks.

Should we wait until we get the letter of acknowledgement to request the police certificate?

How long does it usually take to get a Canadian and Turkish police certificates?

I would suggest waiting to receive the letter of acknowledgement as the information on police certificate is time sensitive. I guess that is the purpose they are no longer accepting upfront police certificates because they want to see the most up to date information.

If you are planning to ask for it in Turkey you have to go to the responsible institution (please follow CIC instructions). It takes 5 min to retrieve it and it is free of charge. You have to have it translated to English by a certified translator. If you ask for it within Canada you have to go to the Embassy. I believe it is also provided the same day.

Please check my previous posts as we have been asked recently to provide an updated police certificate. Good luck.

Cheers. :D