+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tuition payment - how does it work?

carl2341

Feb 20, 2014
First off, sorry for the stupid question. I'm still in high school and I know absolutely nothing about payment arrangements, options, banks, credit cards and that kind of stuff. :-[

But anyway, how does all of that work? Do you have to pay the entire cost of tuition at once, or monthly? Most universities put on their websites "tuition and fees due," which is why I'm so confused.

Again, sorry for the dumb question!

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
About the process you should start at www.cic.gc.ca

Here on the forum you could put Tuition into Search and read whatever you get about it.

In short- when you get an acceptance letter from the university in Canada that they accept you based on your education and English test results, you will apply to Visa Office (VO) for Study Permit (SP). For that you have to show money enough to pay for the 1st semester (or a year) and for living expenses (recommended $10 000 CAD). You also have to show that you have or you will have funds for year 2-3-4. Or you parents have and will have, and they can prove that with bank statements, tax returns, payroll slips, letters from their employer that they will be able to provide you with necessary funds.

You will get bank details from the university and will pay with a wire transfer at your bank. Or with a cr. card - the university sends you a form for cr card info, you fill the form in and fax/email it back to them.