+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tuition fee clarification -SDS STREAM- University of regina

zkm

Aug 9, 2019
International students are required to show proof of payment of tuition fee for the first year before applying for the visa from Pakistan, but I wanted to know if it is also necessary to pay the student visa charge i.e $1159 CAD per semester in advance along with the tuition fee? A letter from the university which provides an estimate of the tuition fee also states that this charge has to be paid each semester by international students.

My brother is applying for a study permit and the estimated tuition cost of his first year Master’s program is around 6500 and he has transferred $8500 CAD already to his student account at the university of regina. He would still have a remaining amount of $2000CAD in his student account which can cover the student charge for one semester also.

Should he pay the total student visa charges for each semester in advance? He is applying under the SDS program

Gunti Roja

Star Member
Feb 18, 2020
Hi all, I have a query regarding tuition fee payment from India SBI account through fx out, I need to pay to ROYAL BANK OF CANADA, I did my payment on feb 28 and my fx rejected and again I paid on March 2nd again it was rejected, below they gave a Narration for rejection saying that,

In transactions in CAD for ROYCATT, CIBCATT and NOSCATT with 7 digit beneficiary account, foreign banks ask for 12 digit beneficiary account no. Please contact remitter and advise them to re-confirm 7digit account from beneficiary customer. If it is re-confirmed, please arrange to re-submit the transaction. If beneficiary bank rejects the transaction due to 7 digit account number, any loss or exchange differences due to such rejection, will be borne by remitter only.

Do I need to combine transit code and account number together inorder to get 12 digits account number?
please clarify my doubt regarding this.

thankyou in advance.

Farazahsheikh

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
Pakistan
International students are required to show proof of payment of tuition fee for the first year before applying for the visa from Pakistan, but I wanted to know if it is also necessary to pay the student visa charge i.e $1159 CAD per semester in advance along with the tuition fee? A letter from the university which provides an estimate of the tuition fee also states that this charge has to be paid each semester by international students.

My brother is applying for a study permit and the estimated tuition cost of his first year Master’s program is around 6500 and he has transferred $8500 CAD already to his student account at the university of regina. He would still have a remaining amount of $2000CAD in his student account which can cover the student charge for one semester also.

Should he pay the total student visa charges for each semester in advance? He is applying under the SDS program
If it's part of ancillary fees, you don't need to show it. If it's part of the "tuition" you do need to show it.