minaz31

Star Member
Jan 11, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Hi All,

Do we have to show the visa officer how or from what source is the college fees is paid ? If my friend/relative in Canada pay the fees to my college then do I have to show any proof that how the money was paid ?

Neez

Star Member
Feb 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not really, as proof of financial support, CIC says "you can show proof of payment of tuition and accommodation fees"

So you need to show to the visa officer your payment receipt which will be sent to you by your university.

minaz31

Star Member
Jan 11, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Okay, so who ever pays the fees it doesnt matter, the VO just needs to see the receipt, right ?

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
who ever pays the fees it doesnt matter, the VO just needs to see the receipt, right ?
It matters pretty much. They need to know how you are going to pay further fees. What kind of source you have. The trick in the form is that you show how much is tuition for 1 year but you have to show how much money you have right now. And if it is not enough for the whole period of study -then they want to know where you are going to get them.

Students are required to demonstrate financial sufficiency for only the first year of studies,
regardless of the duration of the course or program of studies in which they are enrolled. In other
words, a single student entering a four-year degree program with an annual tuition fee of $15,000
must demonstrate funds of $15,000 to satisfy the requirements, and not the full $60,000 which
would be required for four years. Officers should be satisfied though that the probability of
funding for future years does exist, i.e., parents are employed; scholarship is for more than one
year.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op12-eng.pdf
page 37

maximin

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
A sponsor of the student should provide

1. letter that he/she is willing to be a sponsor
2. bank statements for last 4-6 months
3. proof that the source of money is legal (salary, business profit, etc.)

A student should provide a reasonable explanation why this person is sponsoring him/her.

Neez

Star Member
Feb 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
minaz31 said:
Okay, so who ever pays the fees it doesnt matter, the VO just needs to see the receipt, right ?
It doesn't matter for the tuition fees, all you need is the payment receipt (Note that the receipt will indicate the name of the person who paid and the visa officer will probably ask you why this person is paying for your)
However, the receipt is just a supporting document to show as proof of financial support. You'll still be required to show enough money for your living expenses and for this you need to show the visa officer the exact source of this money i.e; is it from parents, relatives ? an educational loan ? etc

minaz31

Star Member
Jan 11, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
okay, so when we pay the fees, the receipt says the name of the person and then questions arise.

Do we have to attach our bank statements with SPP application? if I pay Tuition and GIC from my account then the account will be empty :p,
what to do in this case?
How did others managed, kindly reply please.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do we have to attach our bank statements with SPP application? if I pay Tuition and GIC from my account then the account will be empty Tongue,
what to do in this case?

maximin said:
A sponsor of the student should provide

1. letter that he/she is willing to be a sponsor
2. bank statements for last 4-6 months
3. proof that the source of money is legal (salary, business profit, etc.)

A student should provide a reasonable explanation why this person is sponsoring him/her.

minaz31

Star Member
Jan 11, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Thanks Regina,

I dont want to go into sponsorship route, so I am thinking how is it possible if the person from Canada is lending me money, as if they send here and I send to Canada college is time consuming, so was thinking of the easy route so the money would be in Canada itself without coming here then going back to Canada.