+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Trying to move from U.S to Canada

nctrnl

Oct 22, 2007
I'm trying to move from the U.S to Canada. I was wondering how long is the application process? My only education is a high school diploma. I'm trying to become a trucker, and later on in the future finish school from the money I make from trucking. Im only 21 and I'm not eligible to work in the U.S and I Dont really want to be in this country. My mother brought me here when I was little so it was against my will. They're working on their residency but I don't feel comfortably here.

npierce

Jun 25, 2007
It all depends on which class of immigration you fall under, and for the family class the length of time it takes depends on if you apply from inside or outside Canada. I would take a look at the Canada immigration website,
http://www.cic.gc.ca/ and you can search and find your answers there.

DancingFeather

Star Member
Jan 31, 2006
First of all, I believe you are ungrateful towards your parents who brought you to the US to give YOU a better chance and since you were little and they were responsible for you..it wasn't against your will. It is even ridiculous to even suggest that.

Second, what makes you uncomfortable living in the US?

Third, who says you won't be uncomfortable in Canada?

Fourth, I don't see why you cannot work in the US until their residency is finished.

Fifth, you better get used to being comfortable in the US because you won't be accepted with a high school diploma only. You must be a skilled worker for Canada to even consider you.

Sixth, I would start by being grateful to your parents and getting some job skills and contributing to the household as you have been living off your parents 21 years.