+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Trying to make sense of my crazy time line

Pakiboy

Jun 19, 2017
Hi guys,

Just wanted to share my express entry time with you all in hopes of getting some sense out of it.

My AOR date was June 25. I am an FSWO candidate.

I cleared medicals on July 18. Background status did not change to IP1 throughout the day.

July 19 I went straight to IP2. Background status said: Your background check is in progress. We will send you a message if we require additional information.

July 20, background check has gone back to NA.

Can anybody relate to such a time line?

I thought the regular time line is Med > IP1 > NA > IP2 > PPR

I do have a rather simple case I would think. Single applicant, just one PCC, just one employment record and 0 travel history. But still this just seems a little too crazy.

Last edited:

rbisrakhia

Star Member
Jul 3, 2017
INDIA
Category........
FSW
Hi guys,

Just wanted to share my express entry time with you all in hopes of getting some sense out of it.

I cleared medicals on July 18. Background status did not change to IP1 throughout the day.

July 19 I went straight to IP2. Background status said: Your background check is in progress. We will send you a message if we require additional information.

I do have a rather simple case I would think. Single applicant, just one PCC, just one employment record and 0 travel history. But still this just seems a little too crazy.
I have a same case as you. Single applicant, no travel history and 1 PCC. My AOR is of 1st Jul 2017 and I passed my med on 19th Jul and the status got changed of background check similar to yours. But that is what it is regarded as IP1 I guess. It should go to N/A then and then again to same status which will be IP2.

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
Hi guys,

You were at IP1 not IP2
So the correct time line you are at is: N/A, IP1 ( your application is in progress, we will send you a message ...), NA

Pakiboy

Jun 19, 2017
From what I know IP1 language is : Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.

and for IP2 it is: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

The message I saw was the latter. Does that mean it was a mistake from CIC and they pulled the plug on the IP2 status instead of IP1 by mistake?

wstrn24

Feb 23, 2017
London, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From what I know IP1 language is : Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.

and for IP2 it is: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

The message I saw was the latter. Does that mean it was a mistake from CIC and they pulled the plug on the IP2 status instead of IP1 by mistake?
I believe you're at IP1. You can call IRCC to figure it out. I have the same message on background check.

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013

Yes could be. Its true thats the format for most of us, but some people also got different wording for the same stage. Best way to guess is by following your time line. Its obvious yours is IP1.
There was an applicant from may AOR who already got his PPR, his BG never changed, it was NA all the way to PPR lol. Might be that it did change quickly and he didnt notice. But yeah, everything is possible.

shagunsangwan

Jul 11, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
A
We are in the same boat.
AOR : June 14
Checked account on July 11: Meds passed and bg check same as yours, now cannot figure out if its IP1 or IP2.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Don't fixate on the words to guess whether it's IP1 or 2. Look at the trends for your streams - FSW-O takes about 90-105 days to PPR in most cases. If you're significantly below that, assume that you're in IP1.

Sure, you might get it sooner, and that will be a pleasant surprise - but you're barely a month into the process, it's extremely unlikely that you're in IP2.

Pakiboy

Jun 19, 2017
Did you send an email to cic for enquiry by any chance ?
no not yet. I am going to wait our a few days to see if BG changes again to IP2, that would clear things up. Because I also know that after IP2 BG really doesn't go back to NA. It stays at IP2 until you get the PPR. So my guess is, posters here are right - I just finished the IP1 process.

We are in the same boat.
AOR : June 14
Checked account on July 11: Meds passed and bg check same as yours, now cannot figure out if its IP1 or IP2.

As I said above, my case is a good example you can use to assume its IP1. ;)

Don't fixate on the words to guess whether it's IP1 or 2. Look at the trends for your streams - FSW-O takes about 90-105 days to PPR in most cases. If you're significantly below that, assume that you're in IP1.

Sure, you might get it sooner, and that will be a pleasant surprise - but you're barely a month into the process, it's extremely unlikely that you're in IP2.

haha! You bet. But the 100 days avg time line means literally nothing because there is so much variance. I know many friends who are well over 6 months. And well today one from the June AOR batch got the PPR today (AOR June 03), so really anything can happen.