+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Trying to determine my NOC

ns0090

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Hey, helpful people of canadavisa forum :)

What would be the NOC code of below job duties?

Job Description:
• Review documentation to understand testing requirement, test environment and objectives
• Create various testing documentation (e.g. test strategy/plan, test cases etc.)
• Develop and maintain relationships with project team members, Business and technology partners
• Develop an understanding of the business applications supported as well as the business directions
• Collaborating with other team members by ensuring project deliverables are implemented within time budget and quality parameters and recommending options to ensure deliverables are met
• Adhere to the system development life cycle (SDLC) and project management life cycle (PMLC) methodologies

I'm confused between 2173 and 2283.

Thanks!

ns0090

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
I have bachelors degree and was getting paid $40~ just in case if anyone wants to know this info.

Thanks!

gotodxb

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
30-08-2017
Passport Req..
29-09-2017
LANDED..........
25-10-2017
if you have a bachelors in IT field, 2173 looks to be a better NOC.

ns0090

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
gotodxb said:
if you have a bachelors in IT field, 2173 looks to be a better NOC.
Thanks for your reply bud.

I feel like my job responsibilities are very high level, do you think that might be an issue? Or is it fine? Please advise :)

chiranjit

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
Did you check 2171 NOC? it is close to the role information quality assurance analyst which looks like right to me based on your description.

ns0090

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
chiranjit said:
Did you check 2171 NOC? it is close to the role information quality assurance analyst which looks like right to me based on your description.
I can go with 2171 as well.. do you think it's a better fit for the job responsibilities mentioned?

chiranjit

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
I think so, but 2171 and 2173 looks very much similar to me, dont know if there is actually any difference.

ns0090

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
chiranjit said:
I think so, but 2171 and 2173 looks very much similar to me, dont know if there is actually any difference.
Thanks a lot for your input!!

I'll wait for one more opinion from some other member and if they too advise to change it to 2171/2173 then i'll change it in my profile right away.

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
you can send an email with your duties and responsibilities to NC-NOC-CNP-GD@hrsdc-rhdcc.gc.ca they should clarify your doubts.

However, i have heard people getting refused after by SINP saying that the NOC is incorrect although it was suggested by NC-NOC-CNP-GD@hrsdc-rhdcc.gc.ca so be careful :)

prakash419

Apr 2, 2017
ns0090 said:
Hey, helpful people of canadavisa forum :)

What would be the NOC code of below job duties?

Job Description:
• Review documentation to understand testing requirement, test environment and objectives
• Create various testing documentation (e.g. test strategy/plan, test cases etc.)
• Develop and maintain relationships with project team members, Business and technology partners
• Develop an understanding of the business applications supported as well as the business directions
• Collaborating with other team members by ensuring project deliverables are implemented within time budget and quality parameters and recommending options to ensure deliverables are met
• Adhere to the system development life cycle (SDLC) and project management life cycle (PMLC) methodologies

I'm confused between 2173 and 2283.

Thanks!
too close a call in my opinion you should be fine with both NOC (not legal advice).

chiranjit

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
andy108 said:
you can send an email with your duties and responsibilities to NC-NOC-CNP-GD@hrsdc-rhdcc.gc.ca they should clarify your doubts.

However, i have heard people getting refused after by SINP saying that the NOC is incorrect although it was suggested by NC-NOC-CNP-GD@hrsdc-rhdcc.gc.ca so be careful :)
they have almost stopped responding to emails... but you can definitely try.

chiranjit

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
ns0090 said:
I'm really really scared :(
Its always the candidate who knows and analyzes the situation best. We all can try to help the best possible way, but you will have to finally decide on what is right.. Don't be scared, just give your best effort. Analyze the responsibilities word by word with the NOC and chose the one that you think fits better.

ns0090

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
chiranjit said:
Its always the candidate who knows and analyzes the situation best. We all can try to help the best possible way, but you will have to finally decide on what is right.. Don't be scared, just give your best effort. Analyze the responsibilities word by word with the NOC and chose the one that you think fits better.
Thank you vey much bud